I recently made a nice fruit punch that turned into a quite possibly the best cocktail I’ve ever had! My sister-in-law invited us up for a Memorial Day barbecue and I brought the punch. I made a joke about the punch being alright but it would be better with a little vodka. Turns out she had some Whipped Cream Vodka. And the Strawberry Fizz Cocktail was born.
I knew I had to share the recipe, so I stopped to get some of that Whipped Cream Vodka, but they only had Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka. Actually I couldn’t tell a difference so either will work fine.
I’m not a big drinker and these little devils taste so good. I think these are the kind of cocktails that sneak up on you. So if you find yourself in the company of Cooter Brown, don’t say I didn’t warn you! I had no idea what to call this drink so asked for ideas on facebook. There were some great ones like: The Hangover, Strawberry Fluff, Tropical Spritzer, Summer Dream, and the Sister-in-law. Sometimes the hardest part of a recipe is the name!
Have you ever created a cocktail? I’d love to hear about it!
- 10 oz frozen strawberry daiquiri mix (I used Bacardi), thawed
- 12 oz frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters 7-UP or lemon-lime soda
- Whipped Cream or Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka (I used Smirnoff)
- Mix strawberry daiquiri mix, pineapple juice concentrate and 7-Up together in a pitcher until well combined.
- For each cocktail, fill glass half way with ice cubes, add ½ ounce vodka and fill with punch. Stir well to combine.