Salted Caramel Guinness Floats are the ultimate in dessert cocktails! Guinness Extra Stout poured over vanilla ice cream with rich and delicious salted caramel is filled with complex flavors that you are incredibly irresistible.
Salted Caramel Guinness Floats
Easy cocktails are just the ticket for get togethers with friends or to enjoy for a relaxing weekend. If you haven't ever tried a Guinness float, you are sure to be skeptical. I know I was! Let me assure you, this one's a keeper!
I know you must be thinking that I've gone completely crazy mixing beer and ice cream. I will say this is not a Bud Light ice cream float. You are going to want to pick up some Guinness Extra Stout to make these tasty floats.
Guinness is a dark Irish beer that has coffee and malt undertones, which make it the perfect compliment to either vanilla or chocolate ice cream. A delicious cocktail for celebrating St. Patrick's Day or anytime you are craving a sweet cocktail.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Salted Caramel Guinness Floats:
- Drizzle caramel sauce around the rim of each glass, around the inside and in the bottom of each glass.
- Dot the edges of the rim with flake sea salt if desired.
- Top with vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
- Fill each glass with Guinness.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate sauce if desired.
Add caramel, ice cream and Guinness into a blender and blend into a milkshake. Serve with a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of flake salt.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips for Making Dessert Cocktails:
I used homemade salted caramel sauce for these floats. You can also use ice cream topping or dulce de leche thinned down with a little bit of milk or cream.
I used my cookie scoop for the ice cream in these floats. It works great and the smaller scoops mix in with the float a little better.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 12 oz Guinness Extra Stout
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sauce, optional
- flake salt for garnish, optional
- Drizzle caramel around the rim and around the inside of the glass and into the bottom.
- Scoop ice cream into glasses.
- Top with Guinness.
- Garnish with additional caramel sauce and chocolate sauce if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.