As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roast Beef Stroganoff is a hearty and delicious meal that everyone loves. Thin sliced roast beef over egg noodles with a creamy and delicious mushroom and onion sauce. A great recipe to make with leftover roast beef!
Leftovers are not a favorite around our house but it’s super easy to take leftover roast beef and turn it into a whole new dinner! We love to make grilled rump roast or chuck roast over the weekend and make several meals out of it through out the week. This beef stroganoff is one of my favorites.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Roast Beef Stroganoff:
- Slice onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook in butter and olive oil over medium heat until softened and vegetables start to brown.
- Mix in beef broth, cornstarch, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in cream and Worcestershire sauce. Bring mixture to a low boil and then lower to simmer, whisking until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the Kluski noodles or egg noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Thinly slice your roast beef and heat in a bit of broth if it has been refrigerated.
- Add noodles to a plate and top with mushroom and onion sauce. Place thin sliced roast beef over noodles and sauce and garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Thin sliced sirloin steak or browned ground beef may be substituted for the roast beef.
- Sour cream can be substituted for the cream.
- Any pasta or rice can be substituted for the Kluski noodles.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftovers, separately in air tight containers.
- Reheat sauce in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until heated through.
- Reheat pasta in a small pan of boiling water for about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Roast Beef can be reheated in a skillet with a few tablespoons of water or broth over medium heat, about 3- 5 minutes.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine chopped dried rosemary
- 12 oz Kluski egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb thin sliced roast beef
- fresh rosemary for garnish, optional
- Add butter and olive oil to a deep skillet and place over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add mushrooms to onions and continue to cook over medium heat until mushrooms start to brown, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch together and add to skillet. Add cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Next, add thyme, salt, pepper and rosemary. Cook until sauce is thickened and lower to simmer.
- If you roast beef has been chilled, reheat in a skillet with about 2 tablespoons of water or beef broth for 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce over noodles and top with sliced roast beef.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 608Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 2161mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 31g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.