Lasagna Soup is a quick soup recipe loaded with your favorite Italian flavors. Made with ground beef and pasta in a tomato broth with Italian seasonings and loaded with cheese.
A pan of classic Lasagna is hard to top but I have to say we love the soup version even more and it's ready to serve in just 30 minutes. Serve it with salad and garlic bread for a family favorite meal.
My idea of the perfect weeknight meal is one that is quick and bonus points if it's made with ground beef. This Lasagna Soup checks all of the boxes and is one of those soups that will have you licking the bowl clean.
- Ground Chuck
- Chicken Broth
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Dried Basil
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Lasagna Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Fresh Parsley
Step By Step Directions
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Break the lasagna noodles into pieces and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven or braiser.
- When the ground beef is well browned, add the onion and garlic. Continue to cook until onion is softened.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes.
- Add the pesto, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the broken lasagna noodles and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Cook until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in shredded parmesan cheese and mozzarella balls.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 Servings
- Italian Sausage also works great in this recipe.
- Shredded mozzarella can be substituted for mozzarella balls.
- Any type of pasta will work in this soup, use what you have on hand.
Storage: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Freeze up to 3 months.
Reheat: Reheat in a pan, adding additional chicken broth or water if needed. Cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
Large Batch: Double the recipe and freeze half for busy nights or serve to a large crowd.
More Easy Soup Recipes to Try
Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a 30 minute soup that is always a hit. Made with Italian sausage and potatoes in a creamy broth.
Tortellini Tomato Soup with chicken and spinach is another quick and easy dinner recipe that is packed with tasty Italian flavors. Made easily using leftover or rotisserie chicken.
Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup is another 30 minute favorite. Just like a stuffed pepper in soup form, it is full of amazing flavors with ground beef, peppers, onions and a tomato broth, served up with rice for a hearty meal.
We also love this Easy Tortellini Soup for a quick weeknight meal. Frozen cheese tortellini, Italian sausage and spinach in a rich broth.
Lasagna Soup is makes a hearty dinner and is made with pantry staples for a quick and easy dinner for any night of the week. If your family loves lasagna, this is a surefire hit.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 1 ¼ pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces Mozzarella pearls
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook ground chuck in a dutch oven or large pan over medium - high heat. Breaking it up with a wooden spoon to brown on all sides.
- When ground beef is browned, add the onion and garlic and continue to cook, stirring often until onions are softened.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, pesto, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the lasagna pieces and bring to a boil. Stir often, cooking until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and mozzarella pearls.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Store leftover soup in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Freeze up to 3 months, thaw in the refrigerator.
Reheat in a pan with additional broth or water if needed over medium heat. Stir often until heated through.
Italian Sausage works as well as ground beef.
Any pasta can be substituted for the lasagna.
Use shredded mozzarella in place of the pearls if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1580mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 43g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.