Fajita Burgers are packed with your favorite Tex-Mex flavors and topped with delicious sweet peppers and onions. A great way to change up burger night or for hosting friends and family for a cookout. A surefire winner!
I am joining in for Burger Month this year with this tasty Fajita Burger! I mean how can you say anything but, YES to a month full of fabulous burgers?
Hamburgers are one of the foods that I could eat every single day and never get tired of them. I usually go pretty plain Jane with my burgers but every once in a while, I give them some epic flavor combinations.
This post is part of an awesome burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger recipe and ideas are all my own.
Find all of the awesome Burger Month recipes and giveaway info at BurgerMonth.com. Burgers are a favorite for summer cookouts and you will find plenty of inspiration for the best burger cookout ever.
Last year, for Burger Month, I went with the Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burger and it was one of the best burgers that I’ve ever made.
If you are looking or an over the top burgers, this Epic Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burger is amazing! We also love this incredibly delicious Brunch Burger that has hash browns, bacon and a fried egg!
Fajitas are always a hit for dinner and on the rare occasion that we go out to a Mexican restaurant, my guys always pick fajitas. I thought a burger filled with their favorite fajita flavors would have to be delicious.
I started out making my own spice blend with garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt. All spices that I always have on hand.
I mixed it into 80% lean ground chuck. I really like my burgers on the leaner side but use what you like or have in the fridge.
Sliced onions and peppers are the ultimate topping for these burgers!
I was planning to grill these burgers but it rained all day, I mean it was just pouring. So the my griddle with the grill plates worked just fine. Man I love that thing, it’s so easy to clean up and makes the best pancakes for a crowd.
How to Make Fajita Burgers
- Slice up half of a large sweet onion, half of a large red onion and some sweet peppers.
- Cook the onions and peppers in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add fresh lime juice and set aside.
- Season ground chuck with seasoning mix and shape into patties.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Cook burgers over medium- high heat about 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve burgers with cheese, peppers, onions and other favorites like lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole.
Don’t you want to just dig right in? My guys loved these burgers and if you love fajitas, I know you are going to love them too.
Perfect Recipes to Complete Your Meal:
- French Fries
- The Best Macaroni Salad
- Broccoli Pineapple Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Garlic Guacamole
- Potato Gratin
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck 80% lean
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thin
- 6 sweet peppers, sliced thin
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 buns
- guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and favorite condiments
Preheat grill or grill pan.
Mix ground chuck and seasonings until well combined. Form into 5 patties.
Add olive oil to a skillet and add onions and peppers. Cook over medium heat until onions are softened and start to caramelize, stirring often. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
Cook burgers about 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
Place burgers on buns and top with onions, peppers and your favorite condiments.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 693mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g