Fajita Burgers are packed with your favorite Tex-Mex flavors and topped with delicious sweet peppers and onions. A great way to change up burger night or for hosting friends and family for a cookout. A surefire winner!
I am joining in for Burger Month this year with this tasty Fajita Burger! I mean how can you say anything but, YES to a month full of fabulous burgers?
Hamburgers are one of the foods that I could eat every single day and never get tired of them. I usually go pretty plain Jane with my burgers but every once in a while, I give them some epic flavor combinations.
This post is part of an awesome burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger recipe and ideas are all my own.
Find all of the awesome Burger Month recipes and giveaway info at BurgerMonth.com. Burgers are a favorite for summer cookouts and you will find plenty of inspiration for the best burger cookout ever.
Last year, for Burger Month, I went with the Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burger and it was one of the best burgers that I’ve ever made.
Fajitas are always a hit for dinner and on the rare occasion that we go out to a Mexican restaurant, my guys always pick fajitas. I thought a burger filled with their favorite fajita flavors would have to be delicious.
I started out making my own spice blend with garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt. All spices that I always have on hand.
I mixed it into 80% lean ground chuck. I really like my burgers on the leaner side but use what you like or have in the fridge.
Sliced onions and peppers are the ultimate topping for these burgers!
I was planning to grill these burgers but it rained all day, I mean it was just pouring. So the my griddle with the grill plates worked just fine. Man I love that thing, it’s so easy to clean up and makes the best pancakes for a crowd.
How to Make Fajita Burgers
- Slice up half of a large sweet onion, half of a large red onion and some sweet peppers.
- Cook the onions and peppers in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add fresh lime juice and set aside.
- Season ground chuck with seasoning mix and shape into patties.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Cook burgers over medium- high heat about 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve burgers with cheese, peppers, onions and other favorites like lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole.
Don’t you want to just dig right in? My guys loved these burgers and if you love fajitas, I know you are going to love them too.
Perfect Recipes to Complete Your Meal:
- The Best Macaroni Salad
- Broccoli Pineapple Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Garlic Guacamole
- Potato Gratin
Burger Month Burgers that I’m Loving:
- Mexicali Burger from Everyday Southwest
- Sushi Burgers from The Spiffy Cookie
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Chilaquile Cheeseburger from Brocavore
- American Lamb Board – Ground lamb, cutting board and apron
- Anolon – Anolon SureGrip Cutlery Bronze 3 Piece Chef Set & Anolon Advanced Bronze 11″ Deep Square Grill Pan w/ Pour Spouts
- Cabot Cheese – $25 Cabot Legacy Gift box – Includes eight bars of Cabot Cheddar, cheese knife, and a wine opener. Award-winning cheese brought to you by the 1,000 farm families who own Cabot Creamery Co-operative.
- Crow Canyon Home – Red Marble Enamelware Prize Box 1 each: Red Marble Jelly Roll Tray, Red Marble Oval Platter, Red Rim Large Open Roaster, Red Marble 6-cup muffin pan
- Melissa’s Produce – Grilling Veggie Box
- Microplane – Herb And Salad Chopper, Microplane Elite Series Extra Coarse Grater, Microplane Spice Mill
- New York Beef Council – Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner Swag Bag including tote, knives, oven mitt and apron
- Red Duck – Gourmet Ketchup Variety
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
- Weber Grilling Pack – Weber Tumbler and Weber Grill Hat
1 winner will be drawn for every week of burger month! All winners will be entered to win a Weber Spirit II E-310 gas grill! Grand prize grill winner will be announced June 4th
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck 80% lean
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced thin
- 6 sweet peppers, sliced thin
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 buns
- guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and favorite condiments
Preheat grill or grill pan.
Mix ground chuck and seasonings until well combined. Form into 5 patties.
Add olive oil to a skillet and add onions and peppers. Cook over medium heat until onions are softened and start to caramelize, stirring often. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
Cook burgers about 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
Place burgers on buns and top with onions, peppers and your favorite condiments.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 693mg Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 35g
A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors, American Lamb Board, Anolon, Cabot Cheese, Crow Canyon Home, Melissa’s Produce, Microplane, New York Beef Council, Red Duck, Spiceologist, Veal Made Easy, and Weber Grills.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.