The Epic Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burger is hands down the best burger I’ve ever had! Smoked ham and smoked cheddar cheese stuffed inside a grilled barbecue burger and topped with crispy bacon! A total show-stopper for summer cookouts!
Epic Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burger
This Stuffed Bacon Burger was seriously the best Bacon Burger ever. The smoky cheddar and ham gives this burger amazing flavor that is unlike anything you’ve ever had.
The sticky Homemade Barbecue Sauce and crispy bacon take this burger to epic proportions. You will really wow your friends and family with this one!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
I am an ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. I was provided with bacon, ham and cheese for recipe development purposes, but I was not compensated for this post. This Epic Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burger recipe first appeared on the Petit Jean Meats site.
Do you ever watch those shows about epic restaurant burgers? I’ve been binging on Burgers, Brew and ‘Que with Michael Symon. I basically want to eat everything on that show. We don’t go out to eat much, so we have a lot of fun coming up with our own epic creations at home.
How to Make Epic Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers:
- Form ground chuck into 1/4 pound patties. Making half of the patties with an indention for the filling.
- Mix diced ham and cheese together in a bowl. Spoon into patties and top each with another patty. Pinch edges to seal. Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Prepare grill to 350°. Place burgers over the fire and sear on both sides. After flipping the burgers, brush with barbecue sauce, flipping one more time. Continue to grill until internal temperature of burgers is 165°.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in the oven and toast the buns.
- Place burgers over toasted buns with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Tips for making stuffed burgers:
- Use 80% lean ground beef, I prefer ground chuck.
- Make patties about 3 to 4 ounces.
- Cook your filling ingredients like bacon and onions before stuffing, otherwise the filling won’t be fully cooked.
- Fill each burger with 2-3 tablespoons of filling.
- Seal patties together by pinching edges or pressing with a fork.
- Grill burgers over medium heat to cook evenly throughout.
- Bacon: Crispy Petit Jean Meats Bacon is a must-have and makes both a great filling and topping!
- Ham: Petit Jean Meats Hickory Smoked Ham adds an amazing depth of flavor to stuffed burgers.
- Cheese: Smoked Cheddar is my go-to for stuffed burgers. Pepper-Jack or Onion and Garlic will also add lots of terrific flavor.
- Caramelized onions, fried peppers or pickled jalapeños would also be delicious.
Best Sides for Burgers:
Easy Onion Strings are crispy and delicious!
The Best Macaroni Salad has a sweet and creamy dressing and is perfect for summer meals!
Take your summer cookout to the next level with these Epic Ham and Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers!
More Epic Summer Burgers:
Brunch Burgers are a must try! Loaded with crispy hash browns, bacon, cheese and a fried egg!
BBQ Burgers are barbecued and topped with crispy onion strings.
Fajita Burgers has amazing Tex-Mex flavors and is topped with delicious sweet peppers and onions.
Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burger is everything you love about Frito Pie in burger form. So delicious.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 2 pounds 80% lean ground chuck
- 1/4 cup diced Petit Jean Meats Smoked Ham
- 1/4 cup shredded Petit Jean Meats Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 slices Petit Jean Meats Thick Sliced Bacon
- 8 Toasted Buns
- leaf lettuce
- Condiments: mayo, mustard, ketchup if desired
- Form ground chuck into 8, 1/4 pound patties. Make half of the patties with an indention to fill with ham and cheese.
- Mix diced ham and shredded cheese together in a bowl. Spoon into 4 patties and top each with another patty. Pinch edges to seal.
- Season both sides with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill to 350°. Place burgers over the fire and sear on both sides.
- After flipping the burgers, brush with barbecue sauce and flip again.
- Continue to grill until internal temperature of burgers is 165°.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in the oven and toast the buns.
- Place burgers over toasted buns with lettuce your favorite condiments and serve immediately.