As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burger is one of the best burgers I’ve ever had! It is a bit over the top but totally one of my all-time favorites! Join me in celebrating #BurgerMonth with Girl Carnivore and 100 other amazing blogs with tons of amazing burger recipes!
Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burger
Burgers rank right up there at the top for my favorite foods. I could literally eat a burger every day and never get tired of them.
This Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burger was inspired by an article on the top foods in Arkansas, I think. I read about a Frito chili pie burger somewhere. I put my own spin on it by flavoring up the burger with Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce or Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce,EPIC!
If you are a Frito Chili Pie fanatic like I am, you will also love my Fried Frito Chili Pie and if you need a great chili recipe, this classic Chili is thick and hearty and my Quick and Easy Crockpot Chili is always a hit! We also love using leftover chili for Chili Baked Potatoes.
I fell totally in love with this burger, like it’s one of the best ever! The grilled burger topped with a simple chili, cheddar cheese, red onion and FRITOS! I’m telling you that you are gonna love it!
When grilling season rolls around we do have burgers quite often. Usually we keep it pretty simple with lettuce, tomato and onions from the garden. I’m pretty sure these Barbecue Frito Chili Pie Burgers will be making an appearance quite often.
My husband is the grilling expert and unless he’s stuck in the hayfield, he does the grilling. I love summer grilling for the easy cleanup and not heating up the kitchen!
In addition to the amazing burgers, there’s also an enormous giveaway! I’m sending a huge thanks to : American Lamb Board, Anolon. Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner, Char-Broil, Curly’s BBQ, Cuttingboard.com, Melissa’s Produce, Primal Stone, Spiceologist , Thermoworks , & Veal Made Easy for the amazing grill prize packs!
ENTER TO WIN at BURGERMONTH.COM
- American Lamb Board – (ALB prize boxes 5 lbs of ground lamb, an apron and a meat thermometer
- Anolon – 10″x 18″ Double Burner Griddle and Grill Pan
- Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner – prize packs of beefy grilling-themed goodies
- Char-Broil – Char-Broil Kettleman Grill
- Curly’s BBQ – Curly’s BBQ Pork Pack
- Cuttingboard.com – Olive Wood Carver Bo
- Melissa’s Produce – Baby vegetable box
- Primal Stone – XL Primal Stone
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Thermoworks – Thermapen Mk4
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I like 97% lean)
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
- 8 burger buns
- 2 cups chili
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- Fire up the grill.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, barbecue sauce, salt and Mrs. Dash. Mix until just combined, don't overwork it.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Grill patties about 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through. Cover with foil to keep warm until serving.
- Meanwhile, heat chili.
- To assemble burgers:
- Layer burger over bottom bun and top with chili, cheese and onion slices. Top with Fritos and top bun. Repeat with remaining burgers. Serve immediately.
Some of my favorite burgers from #BURGERMONTH:
French Onion Soup Au Gratin Stuffed Burgers from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Bacon Mushroom & Swiss Cheeseburgers from In Good Taste
Asian Burgers with Ginger Honey Glaze from Souffle Bombay
Mojo Beef Burgers with Tequila- Lime Aioli from Striped Spatula
Chili Verde Burgers from Lemons for Lulu