As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Peanut Brittle recipe is the classic we all love. Just like grandma would make every Christmas! This simple recipe comes together in about 15 minutes and will be a holiday staple for years to come!
Easy Peanut Brittle
I remember my grandma making peanut brittle every Christmas and it was always so delicious. My grandpa loved peanuts and I’m guessing it was his favorite Christmas candy too.
I love adding in the classic holiday treats from my childhood to my Christmas traditions with my family and this easy recipe is the best!
Just take me to the recipe! If you are in a hurry and just looking for the recipe, scroll on down to the very bottom and you’ll see the printable recipe card. I am sharing the step by step photos just below to make this recipe a snap!
Once you try making this brittle, you will be making it again and again. I was nervous to try it. I have not had the best luck at making candy in the past. If I can do you it, you can too! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.
How to Make Easy Peanut Brittle:
- Add sugar, corn syrup, water and salt to a heavy saucepan.
- Place over medium heat, stirring constantly and bring to a boil. Continue to cook, stirring until sugar is melted.
- Place a candy thermometer in pan. Continue to cook, stirring until temperature reaches 250°, stir in peanuts.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly until temperature reaches 300°.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and butter. Mixture will bubble up.
- Mix well until all combined.
- Spread onto a warm baking sheet as thinly as you can.
- Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Peanut Brittle makes a great gift for the holidays or any special occasion. Just pack it up in airtight containers and add a bow!
Tips for Making Candy:
- Gather and measure all of the ingredients before you start. The process moves fast when you are finishing the brittle and you don’t have time to measure or gather ingredients.
- Use a non-stick pan if you have one, it will make cleanup easier.
- If you don’t have a non-stick pan, have another pan of boiling water to pour into your pan after you pour the peanut brittle. It will help dissolve the candied sugar.
- Use a wooden spoon for stirring.
- A candy thermometer is a must- have.
- Keep your sheet pan warm – about 200° in the oven to make spreading your brittle easier.
- I did not butter my cookie sheet and did not have any trouble with my brittle sticking. You can butter your cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- Humidity will affect your candy making and will make your brittle sticky if not stored properly.
- Store peanut brittle in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Making candy can be intimidating but if you take your time and follow these steps, you can make this easy peanut brittle.
This recipe is very similar to my Grandma’s Caramel Popcorn, which also makes a great holiday treat to make and share. It’s seriously addictive.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Gather and measure all ingredients before beginning.
In a heavy sauce pan, add sugar, corn syrup, water and salt.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly and bring to a boil. Continue to cook, stirring until sugar is melted and a temperature of 250° is reached using a candy thermometer.
Stir in peanuts.
Continue to cook, stirring constantly until temperature reaches 300°.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and baking soda. Mixture will bubble up, mix well.
Immediately, pour onto a warmed baking sheet and spread as thinly as you can.
Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g