As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crispy Hash Browns are a delicious addition to any meal of the day. Made from russet potatoes and fried until crisp. A quick and easy side dish to add to your menu!
Don’t you just love those crispy and delicious hashbrowns that you get from the breakfast diners? Well they are so easy to make at home with just a few simple steps!
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Crispy Hash Browns:
- Wash and peel one pound of russet potatoes.
- Shred potatoes on a large grater or use a food processor.
- Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of shredded potatoes. I do this over the sink, just with my hands. Pick up a little less than a handful and give it a good squeeze. Place on plate or cutting board. Removing the excess liquid will help the potatoes become crispy instead of mushy. Potatoes will quickly turn pinkish brown, but that doesn’t hurt anything.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat to about 350°. Place about 1/3 cup of shredded potatoes into hot oil in mounds. Cook about 4 at a time with a bit of space around each hashbrown.
- When potatoes start to brown, carefully flip to brown the other side. Watch the temperature of your oil and lower heat if necessary.
- Cook potatoes until browned on both sides, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Mix 1/2 cup diced onions with shredded potatoes.
- Add 1/4 cup of bacon drippings to vegetable oil for more flavor.
Try adding these crispy hash browns to a Brunch Burger, it’s an over the top amazing meal!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Scrub and peel potatoes.
- Using a box grater, shred potatoes on the largest side.
- Squeeze as much excess water from shredded potatoes as you can. Set on a clean plate.
- Heat oil in a skillet to 350°.
- Add about 1/4 cup mounds of shredded potatoes to hot oil, about 4 at a time, not crowding the pan.
- Fry for about 4 minutes and flip to brown the other side.
- Continue to cook about another 4 minutes, watching the oil temperature and lowering heat if necessary.
- When hashbrowns are brown and crispy, remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.