As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo is a classic dinner favorite that is super simple to make at home. A rich and extra creamy version with garlic that will rival your favorite restaurant pasta dinner.
As much as I love a good marinara sauce, I will choose a rich and creamy white sauce every time and this is my tried and true recipe that is so easy to make.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Ground Nutmeg
How to Make Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo:
- Add butter and minced garlic to a pan and cook over medium-low heat about 2- 3 minutes.
- Next, add cream and milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Then, mix in chunks of cream cheese. Whisk until smooth, cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and ground nutmeg.
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Toss pasta with sauce and garnish with fresh herbs, like parsley if desired.
Fettuccine Alfredo is a great pasta dish that can be topped with grilled shrimp or chicken. Serve it with a green salad and garlic bread or rosemary garlic knots for a delicious dinner. This creamy Alfredo seems gourmet but is one of the quickest and easiest dinners you can add to the menu this week.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Mix leftover pasta with 1/2 tablespoon milk or cream per cup of pasta to reheat. Cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
This is a twist on traditional Italian Alfredo sauce and I think it might be even more delicious. It is rich and creamy and perfect for any pasta. This sauce recipe comes together as quickly as the pasta cooks, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Add this Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo to your dinner plans this week!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Add butter and garlic to a pan and cook over medium-low heat for 2- 3 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Mix milk, cream, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth. Continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Add salt and nutmeg and whisk until well combined.
- Toss pasta with sauce and garnish with parsley if desired.
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Reheat in a pan with about 1/2 tablespoon milk or cream per cup of pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 871Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 1259mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 24g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.