This Cranberry Old Fashioned Cocktail is so simple and easy to make for holiday parties! Just 3 ingredients and you are set for a classic cocktail. Made with American Honey Whiskey, cranberry juice and bitters.
Cranberry Old Fashioned
Need an easy cocktail for holiday entertaining? This old fashioned cocktail gets a holiday twist by simply adding in cranberry juice! It’s a surefire hit with the holiday crowd!
Cranberry cocktails are a must- have for holiday parties! Just like the tasty Cranberry Vodka that is made with a homemade cranberry simple syrup. Another popular option is a delicious Cranberry Wine Punch or super easy Christmas Punch! You can impress your guests with these easy mixed drinks!
Just take me to the recipe! Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe card. Or read on for tips and tricks for making holiday cocktails that everyone will love!
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Mixing cocktails can be so easy! You don’t have to be a pro to mix up a simple old fashioned cocktail that your party guests will love.
How to Make a Cranberry Old Fashioned:
- Fill old fashioned glasses 3/4 full of crushed ice.
- Add whiskey, top with cranberry juice and 2 -3 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Stir to mix.
- Garnish with a Maraschino cherry or two.
Sugared Cranberries or fresh rosemary.
Tips for Mixing Old Fashioned Cocktails:
I used Cran-Apple Juice for these cocktails. Cranberry Juice Cocktail or Cranberry Pomegranate Juice are also great options for this recipe.
I am a big fan of Wild Turkey American Honey Bourbon Whiskey. It’s a smooth blend of bourbon and honey. Drink it straight or mixed into cocktails.
What are Angostura Bitters?
Angostura Bitters are great to have on hand for mixing cocktails. It only takes a few dashes for each drink and it really balances the flavors.
I found Angostura Bitters at Walmart, near the drink mixers. It’s made from high-proof spirits infused with herbs, fruits, roots, and other spices.
If you aren’t into whiskey, you might try my Cranberry Tequila Old Fashioned cocktail. It’s equally delicious but with tequila!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Must Have’s for the Home Bar:
- Bamboo Party Picks are my favorite for drink garnishes.
- Bartender Kit has the basics for mixing all of your favorite cocktails!
- Old Fashioned Glasses are perfect for mixing and serving cocktails to your guests.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 2 ounces Wild Turkey American Honey Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 ounces Cran-Apple or Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 2-3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish, optional
- crushed ice
- Fill an old fashioned glass 3/4 full of crushed ice.
- Add bourbon whiskey and cran-apple juice and 2-3 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Mix to combine.
- Garnish with cherries if desired.
Double as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 16g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.