Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies are a quick and easy cookie recipe to bake any day of the week. Cake mix cookies are soft and chewy like the best bakery cookies.
I almost always try to have amazing cookies in the cookie jar. My favorites are my grandma's sugar cookies and everyone's favorite no bake cookies are always in the rotation and cake mix cookies are always a hit.
Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies ~ 5 Ingredient Dessert
This recipe is a great way to make double chocolate cookies with little bites of gooey caramel that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Cake mix cookies are one of the easiest cookies that you can make with just a few ingredients and the flavor combinations are limitless.
- Chocolate Cake Mix ~ I used Devil's Food, any chocolate cake mix will work. Betty Crocker, Pillsbury or Duncan Hines Cake Mixes are great brands for this chocolate cake mix cookie recipe.
- Large Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips ~ semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- Caramel Bits ~ Caramel bits are great for baking. Just like the wrapped caramels but easier to bake with. Find them in the baking isle.
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies:
- Add cake mix to a mixer bowl with eggs and oil.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. This is a thick dough.
- Add chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop onto a lined baking sheet using a medium cookie scoop. Parchment paper or silicone baking sheets are a must for this recipe. The caramel bits may melt and will stick to the baking sheet. Liners make it so much easier to clean up.
- Press more chocolate chips and caramel bits into the top of the cookie dough if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet 2 minutes, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Store:
Store chocolate cake mix cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Cake Mix Cookie Variations:
Cake mix cookies can be made with any flavor of cake mix and can be made with or without add ins. We also love to make cookie sandwiches out of them using cream cheese icing.
Cake Mix Cookie Ideas:
- Chocolate Cake Mix (Devils Food, German Chocolate, Dark Chocolate) with peanut butter chips or chopped mini peanut butter cups.
- Yellow Cake Mix with M&Ms candies, chocolate chips, chopped pecans.
- Strawberry Cake Mix with white chocolate chips.
- Spice Cake Mix with chopped nuts.
- Funfetti Cake Mix with white chocolate chips.
- Lemon Cake Mix dusted with powdered sugar
- Chocolate Cake mix with chopped Andes mints for chocolate mint cookies
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try:
There's always a debate at our house over chewy cookies versus crispy cookies especially when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. I am team chewy cookies and these easy cookies that start with a box of chocolate cake mix are one of the most delicious recipes I've made in a while.
I almost always have a few cake mixes in the pantry for quick cake mix recipes like pineapple dump cake and to whip up a quick batch of cookies. The best part of baking cake mix cookies is that they turn out every single time without much measuring of ingredients. Great for beginning bakers.
Bake up a batch of cake mix cookies chocolate chips and caramel bits for a quick dessert that no one can resist. Great for and everyday dessert and delicious enough to add to your holiday cookie list.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 15.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Add cake mix to a mixing bowl with eggs and oil.
- Beat at low speed until incorporated, raise to medium speed and beat about another minute.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup caramel bits to the dough and mix until combined. Dough will be stiff.
- Scoop onto lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Add remaining chocolate chips and caramel bits to the tops of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.