Cake Mix Bars are a quick and super easy dessert filled with chocolate chips and M&M's candies for a treat that everyone loves. Simple enough for any day of the week and a great dessert for potlucks and get togethers.
Cake Mix Bars ~ Easy Dessert Recipe
Cookie bars are my favorite when I'm in a hurry. You get all of the deliciousness of cookies but you can bake them all in one go and no scooping required. They are easy to make and easy to eat. A great hand held dessert bar for your next cookout or holiday gathering.
- Cake Mix: Any flavor, I used Yellow
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips
- M&M's Candies
- Non-stick Cooking Spray or Butter for the Pan
How to Make Cake Mix Bars:
- In a mixer bowl, add the cake mix, vegetable oil, egg and milk.
- Mix at low speed just until combined, raise to medium speed and beat until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Lightly press M&M's candies into the top of the bars and cool completely.
- Slice into bars and serve immediately.
Storage and Freezing Directions:
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- Freeze in a freezer safe container up to 3 months.
More Delicious Cookie Bars to Try:
- Salted Caramel Cookie Bars are the perfect combination of crunchy, chewy, salty and sweet. Loaded with caramel bits and chocolate chips.
- Heath Bar Shortbread Bars are a simple buttery shortbread filled with toffee candy bars for an irresistible treat.
- Caramel White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars are a take on the classic cookies made into a chewy dessert bar.
If you are looking for an easy dessert to try, give these easy Cake Mix Bars a try. They are made with just a few ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK!
- 15 ounce yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&Ms candies
- non-stick cooking spray or butter for greasing the pan
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Add cake mix, oil, milk and egg to a mixer bowl. Beat at low speed until ingredients come together, raise to medium speed and beat 1- 2 minutes until smooth.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Grease a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan.
Pour batter into the jelly roll pan and smooth evenly.
Bake for 17- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from the oven to a wire rack.
Lightly press in the M&M's candies over the top.
Allow the bars to cool before slicing.
Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Freeze in freezer safe containers up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.