Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Bars are a super easy dessert to feed a crowd. A sugar cookie crust and brown sugar pecan pie filling make for a delicious treat for any holiday or family celebration.
This post is sponsored by Pillsbury™ and Walmart, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Pecan Pie is one of my husband’s favorites for the holidays and I have to admit I have only made pecan pie a handful of times. It is not my favorite. I love pecans, I love pie, but I have figured out I don’t really like the corn syrup. It’s too sweet, which is crazy because I am a complete sugar fanatic.
Also, my pies are never pretty. I am just not meticulous enough for those pretty pie edges. I am also the worst at following a pattern. So pie bars are where it’s at. I took a shortcut for the busy holiday season and made these pie bars with Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough!
I always pick up a few packages of Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough on my weekly trip to Walmart, especially during the holidays. Having cookie dough in the fridge means I can whip up a dessert in a flash.
You know how it is, last minute notice for the school bake sale or the neighbors call to say they are dropping by with holiday goodies. Yeah, I got this. These Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Bars are the answer!
Start by pressing the Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough into the bottom of a baking pan and pop it in the oven.
The filling is beyond simple- brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt mixed together. Then melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir together and fold in pecans. SO EASY!
Pour the filling over the pre- baked sugar cookie crust and bake it for another 15 minutes. That’s it folks!
Let the bars cool completely before slicing. These bars are the perfect addition to any holiday dinner or are perfect to bake and share with friends and family.
These Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Bars are sure to earn a spot on your holiday goodie list. We just can’t get enough of them. I have made them 3 times in the last week!
Be sure to pick up plenty of Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough from Walmart to make your holiday desserts a snap!
HOW TO MAKE BROWN SUGAR PECAN PIE BARS VIDEO:
- 1 16.5 ounce Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans (whole or pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough into the bottom of a 9 X 13- inch baking pan, evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Add brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt to a bowl and stir until well combined. Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Fold in pecans until well combined.
- Pour over baked crust. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Cool 2 hours before slicing.