This Pecan Pie Cookies recipe is so simple and the perfect dessert for any occasion. A sugar cookie base filled with a gooey filling of crunchy pecans and mini chocolate chips is sure to be a new favorite with the pecan pie lovers!
Bob’s Red Mill 50 States of Cookies is so much fun! Everyone loves cookies and I was thrilled to come up with a new cookie recipe inspired by my state of Oklahoma!
Our cattle ranch has quite a few pecan trees and I knew I had to make something with pecans. My husband loves pecan pie and I thought I would do a mash-up with sugar cookies and the results were phenomenal.
Pecan pie is so stinking rich and I don’t usually eat it but these cookies were decadent without being too rich. They would be perfect to bake and share for the holidays. They are sturdy enough to pack into goodie baskets.
Bob’s Red Mill is one of my favorite brands to work with. The products are amazing and I just love the story and family atmosphere that surrounds everything they do.
Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- Organic Unbleached White Flour is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat. Both the bran and the germ have been removed leaving the endosperm that is made into white flour. It is not enriched with any additives.
- This is the same high protein flour used by professional bakers and produces high, well-textured loaves of bread equally as well as it produces light, airy baked goods.
- This kitchen staple is incredibly versatile and perfect for all of your baking needs.
- Try it out for your holiday baking with this fantastic Coupon!
I made a basic sugar cookie dough with the Bob’s Red Mill All- Purpose Organic Flour and scooped it onto a baking sheet. I used a little dipping cup to make an indention in the center of each for the pecan pie filling.
I mixed chopped pecans, brown sugar, cream, vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips for the filling and baked them until they were nice and browned.
I was so pleased with the results. These might just be my new favorite cookie and they are definitely added to my holiday baking list. I really loved the filling, so gooey and delicious!
My Grandma’s birthday is this weekend and I’m meeting her for lunch early next week. I’m going to make her a batch and I know she is going to love them. Pecans are her favorite.
Bob’s Red Mill is celebrating the United States of Cookies with a love for cookies and featuring the diversity of each state of our great country in cookie form! 50 States, 50 bloggers, 50 cookies with one mission — to bring our country together for a sweet treat that celebrates our wonderful nation.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar + 2 tablespoons for mashing to cookies
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic All- Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl combine butter, oil, sugar and powdered sugar. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Scoop onto a lined or greased baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
- Dip a small cup into sugar and make an indention in each cookie to hold filling.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar, mini chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spoon filling into each cookie round.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.