Berry Icebox Cake is a super simple dessert recipe that can be made ahead for summer cookouts and family get togethers. Layers of butter cookies, cheesecake filling and delicious summer berries make a cool and tasty treat that everyone will love.
Berry Icebox Cake ~ Easy No Bake Dessert
This icebox cake comes together in about 15 minutes and can be made ahead a day in advance for any occasion. The butter cookies soften overnight, becoming like cake and make a wonderful flavor combination with the cheesecake filling and fresh berries.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Butter Cookies ~ I used Chessman Cookies, any butter cookie will work.
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Cool Whip or Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Fresh Berries: Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries. Frozen berries will work, thaw and drain well before using.
How to Make Berry Icebox Cake:
- With an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and lemon juice at low speed until combined, raise to medium speed and mix about 1 minute until well combined.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Using a 9 x 9 – inch baking dish, layer butter cookies to cover the bottom.
- Next, you will top the cookies with half of the cream cheese mixture, spreading in an even layer. An offset spatula works great for this.
- Scatter berries over the cream cheese mixture.
- Then add another layer of the cookies.
- Add the remaining cream cheese mixture over the top, smoothing to the edges of the pan.
- Finish with berries, creating a flag design if you it’s for a patriotic celebration.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares for serving.
How Long Will Icebox Cake Stay Fresh:
- Icebox cake can be made a few days in advance. It is best served within 2 days but will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
More No Bake Desserts to Try:
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Fluff
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
If you are looking for an easy dessert, this Berry Icebox Cake is seriously simple. Great for 4th of July and summer parties for a creamy and delicious dessert that doesn’t require any baking.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups Cool Whip or sweetened whipped cream
- 30 butter cookies
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries, optional
- Add softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice to a bowl and mix at low speed just until combined. Raise to medium speed and beat one minute.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer half of the cookies into the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch dish.
- Top the cookies with half of the cheesecake filling, spreading evenly.
- Next add a layer of the sliced strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- Top with remaining cookies.
- Add remaining cheesecake filling, spreading to the edges of the pan.
- Finish with remaining berries, creating a flag design if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days before serving.
Store icebox cake in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Substitutions: Graham crackers can be used in place of the butter cookies. Frozen berries can be used but need to be thawed and well drained. Sweetened whipped cream can be substituted for Cool Whip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 8g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.