Apple Bread is the very best of fall baking. Warm spices with tart apples, crunchy pecans, cinnamon sugar topping and a rich cream cheese drizzle make this quick bread a favorite for breakfast or dessert.
Apple Fritter Cake is one of our most requested recipes and this easy apple bread is a simplified version that is just as flavorful and delicious. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee and also makes a great treat to bake and share for the holidays.
Apple Bread ~ With Cinnamon Streusel and Cream Cheese Drizzle
An easy quick bread recipe using fresh apples and simple ingredients that doesn't require a mixer. If you love Dutch apple bread, this is going to be your favorite way to enjoy fall flavors.
- Softened Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Granny Smith Apples
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Apple Bread:
- In a large bowl combine ½ cup softened butter, eggs, granulated sugar, milk and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- Peel and core apples.
- Shred apples on the large side of a box grater.
- Mix into wet ingredients.
- Finely chop pecans and fold into apple mixture.
- Add all of the dry ingredients at once: 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well. The parchment paper is a great way to ensure the batter doesn't stick to the pan during the baking process.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth evenly.
- In another bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Crumble cinnamon brown sugar topping over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 190°.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in the pan.
- Move from the pan to a wire rack to cool 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix softened cream cheese with powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over bread.
- Slice and serve immediately or cool to room temperature.
Best Apples for Apple Bread:
- Granny Smith Apples are great for baking, tart, crisp and full of flavor. My first choice for this recipe.
- Gala, Honey Crisp Apples or Fuji are also great options for this recipe.
It was hard not to devour the entire loaf of this homemade bread in one sitting. The dense crumb is full of apple flavor and the cream cheese drizzle takes it to over the top amazing. It received rave reviews from our whole family.
- Vegetable oil can be substituted for the butter in the bread batter.
- Chopped walnuts can be used in place of the pecans or omitted if you don't want them.
- Add in ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries if desired.
- Apples can be chopped into chunks but I love that the shredded apples are in every bite of this quick bread.
- If you are looking for a more simple bread, the cinnamon brown sugar topping and cream cheese glaze can be skipped and baked using the same cooking time.
How to Store Apple Bread:
Wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
If you would like to freeze apple bread, skip the cream cheese drizzle. Wrap completely cooked apple bread in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil or place in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 6 months, thaw in refrigerator a day in advance before serving.
More Delicious Apple Recipes to Try:
Easy Apple Crisp is the classic fall dessert filled with tender and juicy apples topped with a crispy oat and brown sugar topping. Easier than apple pie but just as delicious!
Apple Dump Cake will knock your socks off and it's one of the easiest desserts ever! Made with apple pie filling, butter and a butter cake mix.
Fresh Apple Cake is a tried and true family recipe that my mom passed along. It's so simple to make and always a favorite dessert.
Easy Apple Cobbler is just like the one grandma makes. Top it with vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
Easy Apple Recipes features all of my favorites, breakfast, desserts and drinks inspired by delicious apples.
If you are apple picking with the family this fall season, this easy apple bread recipe is a must try. The sweet apple cinnamon flavor is sure to be a family favorite for years to come. It's the most amazing apple bread recipe that we have ever tried.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium granny smith apples (gala, fuji or honey crisp)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped fine
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the topping:
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese drizzle:
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, granulated sugar, eggs, ½ cup milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract with a wooden spoon.
- Peel and core apples. Shred using the large side of a box grater.
- Mix shredded apples and chopped pecans into butter and sugar mixture.
- Add 2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon baking powder and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon and ¼ cup butter together with a fork.
- Crumble cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake bread for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean or bread reaches 190° using a digital thermometer.
- Remove bread from oven, cool five minutes in the pan. Move bread to a wire rack to cool 15 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese drizzle in a bowl by combining softened cream cheese with ½ cup powdered sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well.
- Drizzle over apple bread.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Wrap apple bread in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
To freeze apple bread, skip adding the cream cheese drizzle. Wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 6 months. Thaw in refrigerator the day before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 4gSugar: 43gProtein: 8g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.