Amaretto Sour cocktails are a classic drink that you can easily make at home. A uniquely flavored, refreshing cocktail with just 3 ingredients.
With notes of almond and undertones of cherry, the Amaretto Sour cocktail is like nothing else. It is one of the easiest cocktails we’ve ever tried and is sure to impress your guests for your next get together.
Ingredients for Amaretto Sour
- Amaretto Liqueur ~ Disaronno is likely the most popular of the Italian liqueurs. Easy to find at any liquor store.
- Lemon Juice ~ Fresh is always best, you will need about 1 lemon per cocktail.
- Simple Syrup ~ Easy to make with equal parts sugar and boiling water. Just mix together and keep in the refrigerator for cocktails or sweetening coffee or tea.
- Orange slices for garnish
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish
How to Make Amaretto Sour Cocktails:
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
2. Use a jigger to measure Amaretto liqueur.
3. Next, add lemon juice.
4. Finally, add simple syrup.
5. Cover and shake vigorously.
6. Strain into an old fashioned glass over ice.
7. Garnish with an orange slice and Maraschino cherries if desired.
We found this recipe from Real Simple and a few others that add an egg white to make the cocktail more frothy. If you would like to try that version, just do a dry shake – without the ice, of the ingredients. I really prefer the simple and easy cocktails at home.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HANDY TOOLS FOR THE HOME BAR:
- I use this bar set and it has everything you need for cocktails at home.
- A Microplane Twist & Zest is perfect for juicing and making citrus garnishes for my favorite cocktails.
- This Ice Crusher is my new favorite thing. Great if you don’t have an ice maker that crushes ice in your fridge.
- If you really want to get fancy, this Countertop Ice Maker makes the nugget ice, just like Sonic and is so good for cocktails.
- These party picks are perfect for cocktail garnishes.
More 3 Ingredient Cocktails to Try
- Gin Sour reminds me of a Margarita, super refreshing and so easy to make.
- Fuzzy Screwdriver is a fun twist on the classic with peach schnapps, easy to make by the glass.
- Pineapple Rum Punch is one of my favorites for a quick party cocktail. Ginger ale, pineapple juice and my favorite black spiced rum.
Amaretto liqueur isn’t just for cocktails, it’s a also a great addition to cookies, cakes and my mom says that it makes the most amazing whipped cream!
Pick up a bottle and get your next celebration started with these simple 3 ingredient Amaretto Sour Cocktails.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 3 ounces Amaretto Liqueur
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see note below)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- orange slices for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and fill with Amaretto liqueur, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Fill old fashioned glasses about 3/4 full with ice.
- Strain into glasses.
- Garnish with oranges slices and cherries.
To make simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and boiling water, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
Cool before making cocktails. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.