Air Fryer Sausage Biscuits are so quick and easy to make in the air fryer. Filled with crispy breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese. A great hand- held breakfast that is filling and delicious.
They can even be made in advance and reheated for a grab and go meal that is great for busy mornings or prep your ingredients ahead, assemble and bake in just 5 minutes in the air fryer. My family also loves these quick and easy Air Fryer Maple Donut Holes and these irresistible Air Fryer Churro Apple Pie Bombs for a sweet breakfast treat.
I’ve always been a fan of the drive-thru breakfast biscuits but living out in the country, it’s rarely an option. My kids went absolutely crazy for these breakfast biscuits that are actually great for any meal of the day or a quick snack.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Sausage Biscuits:
- Breakfast Sausage
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Canned Biscuits
How to Make Air Fryer Sausage Biscuits:
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up to brown on all sides. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add eggs to a bowl and beat with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, add butter to a skillet and cook eggs until soft scrambled. The eggs will continue to cook inside the biscuits, so don’t cook them dry.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Unroll can biscuits and split each biscuit in half. They are flaky and it’s easy to pull them apart.
- Layer shredded cheese, eggs and sausage over one side of each biscuit.
- Next, layer remaining biscuit halves over filling.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- Place stuffed biscuits into air fryer leaving room in between. My air fryer will hold 4 at a time.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from air fryer and repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate to enjoy throughout the week.
How to Store and Reheat Sausage Biscuits
- These sausage biscuits are perfect to make ahead and reheat or make a double batch and have them on hand for the week.
- Store cooled biscuits in a zip top bag or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure biscuits are cooled or they will sweat and become soggy when you refrigerate them.
- To reheat place biscuits in the air fryer and cook at 300° for 2 – 3 minutes.
Breakfast Biscuit Recipe Variations
- Substitute bacon for sausage or skip the meat and just have eggs and cheese.
- Use any shredded cheese that you have on hand. My kids love pepper jack.
- Mix in cooked peppers, onions or spinach with the scrambled eggs.
- Before baking, brush biscuit tops with butter and sprinkle with everything bagel seasonings.
- Double recipe as needed, they are so easy to reheat for a quick snack or breakfast on the go.
If you are looking for more quick and easy meals to make in the air fryer, my kids go crazy for Air Fryer Mini Pizzas. Make them with any toppings and they cook in 4 minutes!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What Air Fryer to Buy
- I have the Cosori Premium 5.8 Quart Air Fryer for review purposes and it’s so easy to use.
- This Accessories Kit includes cake pan, pizza pan, baking racks, skewers, silicone mat, silicone egg bites mold is on my Amazon wish list.
- I just bought this Oil Sprayer to use with the air fryer.
If you are a sausage fan, you’ll also love these easy Sausage Pinwheels for an easy appetizer or quick meal for lunch or dinner.
Since we live on a ranch, we are home everyday and often eat 3 meals a day at home. I really like having things like these breakfast biscuits on hand that the guys can heat up quickly. They are so simple to make and can be customized to meet everyone’s tastes.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 can Grands Biscuits
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium- high heat, breaking into crumbles to brown all sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper, cook in butter over medium heat until soft scramble. Eggs will continue to cook inside biscuits.
- Preheat air fryer at 350° for five minutes.
- Remove biscuits from can and pull the layers in half.
- Top half of biscuits with shredded cheese, eggs and sausage.
- Next, top with remaining biscuits and pinch seams to seal.
- Place biscuit pockets in air fryer with space between.
- Cook in batches for 5 minutes at 350° or until golden brown.
Double recipe as needed.
Store leftovers in a zip top bag in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in air fryer at 300° for 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.