Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Rolls are a quick and easy sweet treat to serve for breakfast or dessert. They are ready in about 20 minutes, start to finish! Use refrigerated crescent dough to make these flaky and delicious.
My family would be perfectly fine if I made homemade cinnamon rolls every weekend, but I don't always have the time. These shortcut cinnamon rolls are seriously delicious with the best apple cinnamon filling and no kneading or rising time.
Ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Rolls:
- All Purpose Flour
- Refrigerated Crescent Dough
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Rolls:
- Preheat air fryer 5 minutes at 400°.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of flour onto a cutting board.
- Unroll crescent dough, not separating the perforations. Gently press the seams together.
- Spread softened butter over dough.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Peel, core and dice apple. I used my veggie chopper and got a really small dice that was perfect for these rolls.
- Sprinkle diced apples over brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Start with the short side and roll the dough tightly to the end. If the seams start to come apart, just press them back toghether.
- Use a serrated knife to slice into 6 slices.
- Line air fryer with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Carefully place rolls into air fryer with space in between.
- Cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until rolls are cooked through in the center. Use a fork to gently pull a roll apart in the center to see if it is still doughy.
- Mix up icing by whisking powdered sugar and milk together.
- Place cinnamon rolls on a serving plate.
- Drizzle over baked rolls and serve immediately or at room temperature.
Conventional Oven Directions:
These rolls can be made in your oven or toaster oven, preheat oven to 375° and adjust baking time to about 15- 17 minutes.
Double this recipe as needed if you are feeding a crowd.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover rolls in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
To reheat, place in air fryer for about 2 minutes or in the microwave about 30 seconds.
Quick and easy desserts are my favorite and I love that these sweet rolls are totally acceptable for breakfast too. They would be great for Christmas morning or a holiday brunch and they are easy enough for any day of the week. You might also like this Air Fryer Cherry Cheese Danish recipe!
WHAT AIR FRYER SHOULD I BUY?
I use the Cosori Premium 5.8 Quart Air Fryer, which I received for review purposes and it’s so easy to use. My favorite feature is how fast it will cook and I'm not waiting on the oven to preheat.
It doesn't heat up the kitchen and it's super easy to clean.
This Accessories Kit includes cake pan, pizza pan, baking racks, skewers, silicone mat, silicone egg bites mold - all super handy.
I have this Oil Sprayer to use with the air fryer, it works better than the air pump type of mister but might use a bit more oil.
Add these quick and easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls to your baking list. They are sure to be a family favorite that everyone will love. Serve them up with rich and creamy hot chocolate for a really special treat.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced (I used Gala)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Sprinkle flour on a cutting board or clean surface.
- Unroll crescent dough and gently press seams together.
- Spread butter over dough.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat air fryer to 400° for 5 minutes.
- Toss apples over brown sugar and cinnamon, spreading evenly.
- Starting with the short side, roll tightly, pressing seams together if they start to separate.
- Use a serrated knife to cut into 6 slices.
- Add a piece of parchment paper to air fryer basket and place rolls into basket, spacing about an inch or two apart.
- Cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until rolls are not longer doughy in the center.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together with a whisk and drizzle over cooked rolls.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Double recipe as needed, cooking in batches.
Conventional Oven Method:
Preheat oven to 375° bake rolls for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
Store leftover rolls covered in refrigerator up to 3 days. Serve cold or heat in air fryer 2 minutes at 300° or in microwave for about 30 seconds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.