Ham, Spinach & Mushroom Quiche Recipes is a wonderful dish that is perfect for holiday entertaining.
Quiche is one of my very favorite dishes to serve my family and is so easy for entertaining. Rather you are having a holiday brunch or a big family Christmas party, quiche is the perfect dish. It can be served hot right out of the oven or at room temperature.
The key to easy holiday entertaining is to have your freezer and refrigerators stocked with a range of must have ingredients. There are over 3,700 different items in the frozen food aisle of your grocery store to help you out. Some of my must haves are nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables that are frozen at the peak of freshness, meatballs to ready to go into the slow cooker for appetizers, and don’t forget the ice cream!
During the holidays I always keep refrigerated pie crusts, they are one of my favorite shortcuts for the holidays. Eggs, cheese and gallons of milk (literally gallons – I have 3 boys!) are always in my fridge. The refrigerated dairy isle is packed with our must have foods. These simple, fresh, farm-grown ingredients are just waiting to be turned into fabulous dishes like quiche!
This Ham, Spinach & Mushroom Quiche can easily be adapted to your favorite flavors and what you have in your refrigerator and freezer. It is simple to make and I know it will be a huge hit at your next gathering.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach or 1 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- ½ cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- ¾ cup diced cooked ham
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust and press into a pie plate. Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust with a fork.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Add butter to a medium skillet and add mushrooms and green onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add spinach (If you are using frozen spinach, thaw it and squeeze out excess liquid before adding to skillet.) Cook until spinach just starts to wilt if using fresh or until heated through if using frozen. Set aside.
- Add eggs to a large bowl, add milk and salt and whisk until well combined. Add shredded cheese, ham and spinach and mushroom mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association through the Mom it Forward Blogger Network. All opinions and text are my own.