Classic comfort food of Meatballs and Creamy Mushroom Gravy perfect for dinners around the family table.
Sometimes dinner comes together so easily and sometimes not so much. Luckily these Meatballs with Creamy Mushroom Gravy came together quite simply party due to some handy new kitchen gadgets.
Dreamfarm has some innovative kitchen tools that are incredibly useful. I tend to love kitchen gadgets but only the ones that really serve a purpose and make my life in the kitchen easier.
The Supoon Supoon is a spoon that scoops, measures, scrapes a bowl clean and sits up off your counter top. It has teaspoon & tablespoon measurements. So dad gum handy!
Chobs are non-slip chopping board feet that raise your chopping board, so you can flip it and use both sides. This is one of those things I had never even thought about, but I know I will be using them everyday. I have one favorite cutting board and I constantly wash it to use it again. This is just so brilliant.
Smood : Effortlessly creates smooth mash in seconds trapping food and forcing it through the thin gaps between the collapsing stainless steel spring coils and has a Silicone scraper that makes it easy to clean the pot or bowl. I hate making mashed potatoes because it’s such a mess, well until now! I’ve never had a potato masher that worked as quick and easy as this one. Plus cleanup was a snap!
Clongs are tongs that open or close with the push of a click-button and sit up off the counter top. I was skeptical of the silicone tips but they gripped the meatballs easily and are perfect for non-stick surfaces.
All of the Dreamfarm products would be great for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers. These are such great products and I’m excited to have the chance to review them and also offer a giveaway!
Would you like to win a set of these great Dreamfarm products? Of course you would!
To enter: Check out all of the innovative products from Dreamfarm and come back here and leave a comment about your favorites.
For bonus entries:
- Leave a comment if you are a Facebook fan of Dreamfarm or Miss in the Kitchen.
- Leave a comment if you follow Dreamfarm or Miss in the Kitchen on Twitter.
- Leave a comment if you follow Dreamfarm or Miss in the Kitchen on Pinterest.
Open to US residents, 18 years or older. Entries accepted through November 20th, 2013.
I have to say just a few words about the Meatballs with Creamy Mushroom Gravy. This was one of the best things I’ve made in a long time. Meatballs are not my favorite and I’ve mentioned before that I could easily for go the mashed potatoes.
This was lick the plate good. Easy enough for a weeknight and it was wonderful comfort food for a cool, fall evening. The potatoes were the best mashed potatoes ever and I will be sharing that recipe with you on Friday, so come back and check it out!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (A1 or Country Bob's)
- 5 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Seasoning (I used garlic & herb)
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil or bacon grease for frying
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese)
- Add ground beef, egg, steak sauce, cracker crumbs, Mrs. Dash, garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl. Gently mix together until well combined. Form into 1½ inch balls.
- You can bake them on a greased baking sheet at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Or add the oil to a skillet and brown them on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a medium to large skillet and place over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often about 5 minutes.
- Mix broth and cornstarch together and add to mushrooms. Add herbs de provence, salt and pepper. Cook until it comes to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in mascarpone and stir until smooth. Cook 5 minutes.
- You can add meatballs to gravy and simmer for 10 minutes or serve the gravy on the side.
Creamy Mushroom Gravy is also great over chicken, turkey, or hamburger steaks.
Disclosure: I was provided with products for review and Dreamfarm is sponsoring the giveaway. I was not compensated for this post. All text and opinions are my own.