Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe that can be made with any fruit. Top with ice cream for a delicious dessert that the entire family will love.
This is classic cobbler. I adapted this recipe from the one my Mother-in-law gave me from an old cookbook. The cookbook calls it “Don’t Stir Pudding” because you pour everything into the pan without stirring.
It doesn’t get any easier than this. It is probably one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever baked and the best part is that it tastes just like your grandma would make!
I’ve made this with peaches, blackberries and apples and I think any fruit would be delicious. It’s so easy and comes together with simple pantry ingredients and a little fruit. It is so good!
I’m all about the easy recipes. I am usually too busy for complicated recipes and I really like if I have the ingredients on hand.
I do find that this cobbler is best if you eat it the first day. If you have leftovers, it’s best to refrigerate it and let it come to room temperature to serve or warm it up slightly.
I love to serve this Easy Apple Cobbler with a scoop or two of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Warm apple cobbler and ice cream is pretty hard to beat, don’t you agree?
- 8 cups apples,peeled, cored and sliced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar, stir together. Add milk and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add baking powder, stirring until all combined.
- Pour batter over melted butter, do not stir. Pour apples evenly over batter and butter. Once again do not stir.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until edges are browned and filling is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!