Three Bean Salad is the classic potluck side dish that everyone loves. Easy to make for a crowd and great to have on hand for a quick lunch. It’s made with kidney beans, navy beans and chickpeas, plus crunchy celery, onion and garlic topped with a tangy vinegar dressing.
If you are looking for an easy, no- cook side dish to serve with dinner, try this super easy Three Bean Salad! There’s tons of amazing flavor and it pairs with just about any dinner. We love it with grilled burgers, steaks or chicken.
With just a few pantry ingredients, you can make this delicious side dish in less than 15 minutes. Serve it right away or chill it to allow all of the flavors to meld together! If you are a fan of bean salad, you might also like this Bean and Barley Salad loaded with fresh veggies!
How to Make Three Bean Salad:
- Drain canned beans and rinse well. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Dice onion, celery, rosemary, parsley and mince garlic clove.
- Add to beans.
- Mix dressing together in a separate bowl by combining vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over beans and vegetables and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Set salad out to come to room temperature before serving if desired.
Three Bean Salad can be made up to 3 days in advance and makes great leftovers. Just keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Double recipe as needed to feed a crowd.
Other popular bean varieties can be substituted, such as green beans, wax beans, cannellini beans or small red beans are all great options. Use your favorite or what you have on hand.
Any fresh herbs like thyme, dill or basil would also be delicious. Use 1/2 the amount of dried herbs if that is what you have on hand.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What You Need for Easy Salad Prep:
Vegetable Chopper makes chopping veggies a snap. I have this version and use it literally every day. It chops everything evenly – so great for salads.
Mesh Strainer is perfect for rinsing vegetables or can beans.
Glass Storage Dishes with lids are perfect for meal prep and making summer salads to have on hand.
A Flat Whisk is my favorite for mixing up dressings, sauces and gravy!
This Three Bean Salad is a classic for a reason, it is just simple and delicious. I always have these ingredients on hand and it doesn’t get any easier than this.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 can Kidney Beans 15.5 oz
- 1 can Navy Beans 15.5 oz
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) 16 oz
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
for the dressing
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour beans into a strainer and rinse. Drain well and add to a bowl.
- Stir in celery, onion, garlic, parsley and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, sugar salt and pepper.
- Pour over bean mixture and stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour before serving.
- Salad can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Store up to 4 days in an airtight container in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature if desired before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 717mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 13gSugar: 13gProtein: 13g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.