Parmesan Squash is a super simple and delicious side dish to make with yellow squash, Parmesan cheese and a few spices. Baked in the oven for the ultimate low-carb and gluten-free side dish or snack.
Fried Squash has always been my favorite summer side dish and I didn't expect to love baked squash so much until I gave this recipe a try. My entire family loves it and it seriously couldn't be easier!
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Parmesan Squash:
- Use a mandoline to slice squash into thin slices. Use the guard and slice carefully.
- Mix granulated garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Drizzle squash with olive oil in a bowl.
- Toss with garlic mixture.
- Line 2 - 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and place squash in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Baked Parmesan Squash is one of the easiest and most delicious side dishes you can make. My kids will eat this squash as quick as I can bake it and I love that it is a bit healthier than deep fried.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips for Baking Squash:
A mandoline will keep your slices even and allow them to bake evenly.
Thin sliced squash will bake quickly, you can bake it a little longer for crisp slices, just watch it carefully so the cheese doesn't burn.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 3 yellow squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1./2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Thinly slice squash and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix garlic, salt and pepper together and sprinkle over squash, toss to coat evenly.
- Line or grease 2- 3 baking sheets, I like to use parchment paper, foil works too.
- Layer squash in a single layer and top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes until cheese just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.