Parmesan Squash is a super simple and delicious side dish to make with yellow squash, Parmesan cheese and a few spices. Baked in the oven for the ultimate low-carb and gluten-free side dish or snack.
Fried Squash has always been my favorite summer side dish and I didn't expect to love baked squash so much until I gave this recipe a try. My entire family loves it and it seriously couldn't be easier!
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Parmesan Squash:
- Use a mandoline to slice squash into thin slices. Use the guard and slice carefully.
- Mix granulated garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Drizzle squash with olive oil in a bowl.
- Toss with garlic mixture.
- Line 2 - 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and place squash in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Baked Parmesan Squash is one of the easiest and most delicious side dishes you can make. My kids will eat this squash as quick as I can bake it and I love that it is a bit healthier than deep fried.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips for Baking Squash:
A mandoline will keep your slices even and allow them to bake evenly.
Use parchment paper or foil to keep the squash and cheese from sticking to the sheet pan and it makes for super easy cleanup.
Thin sliced squash will bake quickly, you can bake it a little longer for crisp slices, just watch it carefully so the cheese doesn't burn.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 3 yellow squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1./2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Thinly slice squash and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix garlic, salt and pepper together and sprinkle over squash, toss to coat evenly.
- Line or grease 2- 3 baking sheets, I like to use parchment paper, foil works too.
- Layer squash in a single layer and top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes until cheese just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.