Sesame Pasta Salad is a delicious dish to serve hot or cold with crisp vegetables and a tasty Asian dressing that comes together in about 15 minutes.
There are nights that when you need something quick and easy and this sesame pasta is just the ticket. They are also great to make ahead and enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Linguine ~ Spaghetti or angel hair pasta works well too.
- Soy Sauce ~ We used less sodium soy sauce, use your favorite. It adds classic savory Asian flavor.
- Rice Vinegar ~ Adds tangy flavor. Substitute white vinegar if you don’t have rice vinegar.
- Honey ~ Balances out the saltiness from the soy sauce.
- Toasted Sesame Oil ~ The signature flavor for the Asian dressing.
- Sriracha ~ Adds a spicy kick.
- Granulated Garlic, Ground Ginger, Black Pepper ~ Seasoning for the dressing.
- Red Bell Peppers ~ Adds a fresh, vibrant flavor and crunch to the salad.
- Green Onions ~ Delicious fresh flavor that brightens the pasta.
- Toasted Sesame Seeds ~ Optional garnish for added crunchy texture.
Step By Step Directions
Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cooled. Drain well.
Meanwhile, make the dressing in a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, Sriracha, garlic, ginger and pepper. Whisk together until well combined.
Dice the red bell pepper and slice green onions thin.
Add drained linguine to a large bowl and add bell peppers and green onions.
Pour the dressing over the top and toss with tongs until pasta is well coated.
Garnish with sesame seeds.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Serve it Hot: These sesame noodles can be served hot if preferred. Skip rinsing the noodles with cold water and toss with vegetables and dressing as soon as you drain them.
Add-Ins: Cooked shrimp, chicken or beef and any vegetables that you like.
Sesame Pasta Salad is one of those dishes that everyone loves and can be made in a hurry, perfect for busy weeknights.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup thin sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water until cooled, drain well.
- Mix dressing in a small bowl by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, toasted sesame oil, Sririacha, garlic, ginger, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Add pasta, bell peppers and green onions to a large bowl Top with dressing and toss to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Store pasta in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.