Orange Meatballs with broccoli is a great weeknight dinner made with ground beef and a quick orange marmalade sauce. Served over rice for a tasty meal that everyone will love.
Meatballs are terrific comfort food and can be served so many ways. They make great appetizers, incredible meatball subs and can be served over mashed potatoes or pasta. Need more inspiration? Check out these Quick Weeknight Dinners!
Orange Meatballs ~ with Broccoli and Rice
The great thing about meatballs are that they are easy to make in a large batch and can even be made ahead to create quick and easy dinners. The quick orange marmalade sauce has so much flavor that you will be keeping it on hand to flavor up your weeknight meals.
- Orange Marmalade
- Orange Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Granulated Garlic
- Chile Powder (We prefer green but red works too)
- Dried Thyme
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Chile Flakes
- Ground Beef
How to Make Orange Meatballs:
- Make the sauce by adding orange marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar with spices, salt and peppers.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Reserve half of the orange marmalade sauce for serving.
- Add ground beef to a mixing bowl with the other half of the orange sauce.
- Mix ground beef and sauce well.
- Scoop into about 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place on a grill pan or lined baking sheet.
- Place meatballs in the refrigerator while you prepare a grill fire to about 350°. Pecan or hickory chunks are great for adding smoke flavor.
- Cook meatballs on a grill pan with the grill closed for about 25 minutes with a grill temperature between 325° and 350°.
- Use a digital thermometer to test internal temperature of meatballs, cooking until they reach 165°.
- Remove from grill.
- Bake meatballs at 375° for 20 -25 minutes or until meatballs reach 165° using a digital thermometer.
- Serve meatballs with cooked rice and steamed broccoli. Spoon additional sauce over meatballs, broccoli and rice.
Our Mushroom Rice would also be great to serve with these delicious orange meatballs for a hearty side dish.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store Meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Sauce can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Reheat in a covered skillet with sauce or a bit of orange juice, cooking over medium heat. Stir occasionally until heated through.
Ground beef is our preference for meatballs but any ground meat can be substituted including, pork, chicken, turkey or venison.
More Ground Beef Recipes to Try:
- Easy Korean Beef and Broccoli
- Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Dr Pepper Sloppy Joes
- BBQ Meatloaf
- Beef Rigatoni
These orange meatballs served over rice with broccoli is a delicious meal that is guaranteed to get your dinner routine out of a rut. It’s a simple meal to make on the grill or in the oven and can even be made ahead for a tasty meal prep option.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 18 ounces orange marmalade
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chile powder (green or red)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chile flakes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Add orange marmalade and orange juice to a small saucepan. Whisk in brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chile powder, thyme, salt, black pepper and ground chile flakes.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking often until mixture comes to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Mix ground beef with half of orange sauce in a bowl.
- Scoop into 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place on a grill pan or lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate meatballs while the grill is prepared.
- Prepare a grill fire to 350° using hickory or pecan for smoke flavor.
- Grill meatballs over indirect fire for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° using a digital thermometer.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375° and bake for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach 165° internal temperature.
- Serve meatballs over rice with broccoli. Drizzle with remaining orange sauce.
Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days,
Sauce can be stored in a covered jar in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Reheat meatballs in a covered pan with sauce or a bit of orange juice over medium heat. Stir occasionally until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 774Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 46g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.