As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smoked Sausage, Chicken and Potato Kabobs are the perfect dinner on the grill. Easy enough for busy weeknights or weekend cookouts.
When it’s too hot to cook, we are grilling almost every night. This simple recipe comes together really quick and can be prepped ahead of time to make it even easier.
Smoked Sausage, Chicken and Potato Kabobs
My husband has been helping out with dinner quite regularly and I’m loving every minute of it. I tend to be kind of bossy in the kitchen, if you could only imagine 😉
However he is totally the master of the grill and we’ve been having a lot of fun cooking together this summer.
Our heat index has been hovering around 105 this last week, so I’ve not been too keen on turning the oven on to make dinner.
Perfect time for the AC to go out of the tractor though, right? Sheesh, what a week. At least we have some awesome food to get us through!
How to make Smoked Sausage, Chicken & Potato Kabobs
- Parboil small potatoes for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Cut up one large onion into about 1 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Cut smoked sausage into about 1 inch slices and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite- sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Mix Italian Dressing, Mustard, pepper and Mrs. Dash together and pour over chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Alternate Chicken, Smoked Sausage, Onion and Potatoes on to skewers.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Grill kabobs, turning about every 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. About 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I love that these kabobs are the meat & potatoes! Parboiling the potatoes lets them cook pretty quick on the grill but they totally pick up that smoky, grilled flavor, especially if you are grilling hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
If you want even more amazing flavor, try brushing these kabobs with White Barbecue Sauce when you take them off of the grill.!
We didn’t grow any potatoes in our garden this year, but I found these Little Potatoes at the grocery store and they were just the perfect size for grilling. I also love Vidalia Onions for kabobs, if you can find them.
You can easily add a green salad and some nice rolls or crusty bread and this is a dinner the entire family will love. The zesty chicken and smoked sausage are a really great flavor combination.
No one at my house is EVER going to complain about having 2 kinds of meat for dinner. If your family is like mine, this meat and potato dinner will be a definite favorite.
Delicious Dishes to Complete Your Meal:
- Greek Farro Salad
- Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls
- Easy Strawberry Limeade Punch
Other Grilling Recipes to Check Out:
- Easy Barbecue Grilled Shrimp
- Simple Grilled Chicken Salad
- Smoked Spare Ribs
- Grilling the Perfect Steak
- Grilled Fish with Garlic, Basil and Lemon ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 1/2 pounds Little Potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash or other all purpose seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
Parboil small potatoes for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
Cut up onion into about 1 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
Cut smoked sausage into about 1 inch slices and set aside.
Cut chicken into bite- sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
Mix Italian Dressing, Mustard, pepper and Mrs. Dash together and pour over chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
Alternate Chicken, Smoked Sausage, Onion and Potatoes on to skewers.
Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
Grill kabobs, turning about every 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. About 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g