Sausage and Cornbread Dressing
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 pound Bob Evans Maple Sausage
- ½ cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 oz white mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 batch cornbread, crumbled
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add sausage to a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Break sausage apart as it cooks, stirring often until crispy and brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Wipe excess grease from skillet with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add butter and place skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often until vegetables are softened and onions start to brown. Add heavy cream and stir to combine, remove from heat when mixture begins to bubble. Stir in Bread Crumbs until well combined.
- Add mixture to a large bowl along with cornbread and sausage. Mix 1 cup of chicken growth with beaten egg. Pour over cornbread and sausage mixture, stirring to combined. Add seasonings and remaining chicken broth, stirring well until mixture is throughly combined.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Bob Evans Farms. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.