This Cranberry Salad is a must for holiday dinners! It is packed with fresh cranberries, oranges, apples, pomegranate and pineapple. It goes perfectly with turkey or ham and is a delightful side to add to your holiday spread.
Cranberry Salad is one of my favorites for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I have made my mother in law’s cranberry fluff a time or two and I always love it. This year I decided to use my mom’s recipe. When I called for the ingredients, she told me the recipe was actually from my great- aunt Zoe, which made me want to make it even more.
Aunt Zoe was such a character! She was my grandpa’s sister, a painter and just all around fun lady. She always made me laugh and feel right at home when I came to visit. She was a gem.
Of course I took the recipe and changed it up a bit, partially because I’m terrible at following directions. How’s that for a recipe blogger? I took recipe notes from my mom and I added in pomegranate arils and used raspberry jello in place of cherry. The outcome was delicious and will definitely be a new favorite at our holiday dinners.
Holiday dinners require LOTS of chopping, slicing and dicing.
Lucky for me WÜSTHOF was kind enough to send along a few of their fabulous knives to help me and my Virtual Potluck friends out for the holidays.
This was the first time I successfully segmented an orange and I know it was this fabulous WÜSTHOF serrated knife that did the trick!
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 small oranges, segmented and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 small box raspberry Jello
- Place cranberries in a food processor and chop fine. Pour into large mixing bowl and add sugar. Stir to combine and set aside for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pineapple, oranges, apple, pomegranate, and walnuts, mixing well.
- Prepare Jello according to package directions and pour over fruit mixture. Stir until all combined. Cover and refrigerate over night.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
Disclosure: I was provided with the knives from WÜSTHOF for review purposes and WÜSTHOF is sponsoring the giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.