Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats are a quick and easy treat for fall. Classic marshmallow rice krispie treats with orange jello can be decorated for Halloween, Thanksgiving or any harvest festival.
No Bake Desserts like these pumpkin cheesecakes are my favorite all year long and Rice Krispies Treats are on the regular dessert rotation at our house. They are always a hit with the kids and adults.
Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats ~ Easy No Bake Dessert
I have never been clever enough for arts and crafts or decorated desserts. I usually leave that up to my more talented in-laws. However, these little pumpkins are easy enough for anyone to make and the kids are will love adding the decorations.
- Marshmallows ~ Mini marshmallows or large marshmallows
- Orange Jello ~ Adds the orange color for the pumpkins and a hint of orange flavor
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Pretzel Sticks
- Cookie Icing ~ Green & Chocolate or Black
How to Make Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats:
- Melt butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in orange jello.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and mix with a wooden spoon until all coated.
- Cool slightly, about 1- 2 minutes.
- Butter your hands and form into about 1 ½ - 2 inch balls.
- Insert a pretzel in the top of each ball.
- Dip the pretzel into green cookie icing. We snipped off the end of the icing tube, you can also put the icing in a small bowl and dip the pretzels into the bowl.
- Set on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool completely.
How to Make Jack-O-Lantern Rice Krispies Treats:
- Use chocolate cookie icing or black icing to make eyes and a jagged mouth. You can also use M&M candies, chocolate chips, or black licorice for decoration.
- Set aside to dry completely.
Tips for Making the Best Rice Krispies Treats:
Use real butter for the best flavor. You can even brown the butter before adding the marshmallows for extra flavor.
Don't pack the rice krispies treat balls too tightly with your hands. This will make them easier to eat and not be hard when they set up.
How to Store Rice Krispies Treats:
Store cooled treats in an airtight container at room temperature or wrap each pumpkin individually with a cellophane treat bag or plastic wrap. Rice Krispies will stay fresh up to 3 days.
More Fall Desserts You'll Love:
If you are looking for a fun homemade treat this fall, add these easy Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats to the list to try. They are festive, delicious and are sure to be a hit with the crowd.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 box 3 ounces orange jello
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 18 pretzel sticks
- green cookie icing
- chocolate cookie icing or black decorator icing
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir continually with a wooden spoon until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in dry jello powder, stirring until completely combined.
- Stir in cereal, mixing until completely coated.
- Set aside a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Butter your hands and scoop into about 1 ½ - 2 inch balls, rolling between your hands forming into round balls.
- Press a pretzel stick into the top of each ball.
- Set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Dip pretzel sticks in green icing.
- Use chocolate or black icing to make Jack-O-Latern faces if desired.
- Cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.