Italian Margaritas are a refreshing and delicious twist on the classic cocktail. Easy to make by the glass or pitcher with tequila, amaretto, citrus juice and a splash of simple syrup.
Margaritas are my go- to cocktail and I love just about any version like Pineapple Margaritas, Strawberry Margaritas and Blackberry Margaritas. Of course you can't go wrong with a Classic Margarita and if you need something really easy, try these Pink Señorita cocktails with just 3 ingredients.
I've always been in charge of the party drinks and a big pitcher of margaritas is always a hit. These Italian Margarita, made famous by Olive Garden, are perfect for any celebration or get together with friends.
🟢 Ingredients Needed
- Tequila ~ silver, we used Jose Cuervo, choose your favorite brand.
- Amaretto ~ Italian liqueur with almond flavor.
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup ~ Made with equal parts sugar and boiling water, chill before using.
- Fresh Lemon Slices ~ Optional garnish.
- Honey ~ To garnish the rim.
- Flake Salt ~ To garnish the rim.
🟢 Step by Step Directions
- Use a cocktail jigger to measure the tequila and pour into a cocktail shaker.
- Next, add the amaretto.
- Add lemon and lime juice.
- Next, add the simple syrup.
- Add ice.
- Place the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Rub a bit of honey around the rim of the glasses. Sprinkle salt into a shallow dish. Dip the edge of each glass rim into the salt to coat.
- Strain the margarita into the glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🟢 Favorite Bar Tools
🟢 Best Cocktail Appetizers
If you are having friends over and entertaining guests, you'll want some tasty appetizers to go with your cocktails.
For an Italian themed party, these Caprese Appetizers are one of the easiest things you can make.
Plan on making these tasty Italian Margaritas for your next get together with friends. They are quick and easy to make with tequila and amaretto for a delicious party drink that will wow the crowd.
If you love this recipes as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces amaretto
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- honey - optional for garnish
- flake salt- optional garnish
- fresh lemon slices - optional garnish
- Add tequila, amaretto, lemon juice, lime juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Add the ice. Cover the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Rub honey around the rim of the glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate and dip the glasses into the salt to coat the rim.
- Strain margaritas into the glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
For a pitcher: Multiply the recipe by 4 and mix in a pitcher. Serve over ice.
For simple syrup: mix equal parts boiling water and sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.