As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Potatoes stuffed with butter, cheese and everything bagel seasoning are a great side dish for any meal on the grill! Also makes a great hand held dish for tailgating and back yard cookouts!
Potatoes are so versatile and always a crowd favorite. No matter how you cook them, everyone loves potatoes for an easy side dish. This simple recipe is the perfect addition to grilled steaks, chicken or fish.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Sometimes we will just throw a couple of baked potatoes on the grill to cook while we are smoking a brisket or a whole chicken. They are delicious but they do take a while to cook at a lower temperature.
So my husband came up with this easy recipe that takes about an hour and it’s my new favorite!
Just take me to the recipe!
You can scroll to the very bottom of the post for the printable recipe card but you will be missing out on the step by step photos and details of making the best grilled potatoes.
How to Make Grilled Potatoes:
- Scrub medium size russet potatoes and dry well.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and dish out about 1/4 inch wedge from the center of the potato.
- In a small bowl combine softened butter and everything bagel seasoning. Mix in shredded cheese.
- Spoon filling into potato halves.
- Make a foil packet for the potatoes. You can make one big packet for all of the potatoes or individual packets if you would rather.
- Place potatoes in center of packet – filling side up and place packets on at 300- 350° grill. Or bake at 400° in the oven.
- Potatoes should be tender and cooked through on the grill in about 50- 60 minutes and 35-40 minutes in the oven.
Potatoes are delicious hot off of the grill or at room temperature as an appetizer or tailgating side dish.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Have you ever had a bagel with the poppy seeds, onion flakes and all of that good stuff? This is the seasoning that they use on those bagels and it’s so good on practically everything! I love it on eggs, avocado toast and on popcorn just to name a few ideas.
If you haven’t spotted Everything Bagel Seasoning at your local grocery, I love this one from Amazon.
If you don’t have everything bagel seasoning for these potatoes, you can mix up your own seasoning mix or use a mix like Mrs. Dash.
More Potato Recipes to Try:
- Chili Baked Potatoes are always a hit with our family. Great as a side or main dish. Make it a potato bar and top with all of your favorites!
- Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Potatoes are over the top delicious. Everything you love all in one dish. A guaranteed favorite and a fantastic meal to change up your dinner routine.
- Best Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes are perfect for the holidays or with your favorite comfort food meal!
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are easy and delicious with garlic and fresh herbs – super easy!
Delicious Main Dishes to Serve with Grilled Potatoes:
- Mustard BBQ Chicken is a delicious twist on classic barbecue. This sweet and savory chicken pairs really well with cheesy grilled potatoes.
- Dr Pepper Barbecue Ribs are tender, delicious and so flavorful! You aren’t likely to have any leftovers if you make these for dinner!
- Balsamic Glazed Ham is made on the grill. It’s delicious for the holidays or for big family dinners all year long. You can’t go wrong with ham and potatoes on the grill!
- Grilled BBQ Chicken is the classic that everyone counts on for any cookout. Add grilled potatoes while you cook the chicken and you are set for a winner winner chicken dinner!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
1. Scrub potatoes and dry. Cut potatoes and half and scoop out about 1/4 inch wedge from center. Discard or boil and save for another use.
2. Mix butter and everything bagel seasoning together. Stir in shredded cheese.
3. Spoon filling into potatoes.
4. Place potato halves cut side up in a foil packet. Make one large packet or individual packets and fold to seal.
5. Place foil packet on a prepared grill at 300- 350° and cook 45 minutes to one hour.
6. Or place foil on a baking sheet and bake in a 400° oven for 35-40 minutes.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 589mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g