Burger season is here and today I'm sharing an incredibly delicious recipe for Gourmet Burgers with Red Wine Braised Mushrooms. This is a sponsored in partnership with Holland House.
I am officially ready for grilling season. Here in Oklahoma, we've had some amazing weather and I'm already on my second bag of charcoal. I've been perfecting the perfect burger and these Gourmet Burgers with Red Wine Braised Mushrooms are seriously amazing!
The Red Wine Braised Mushrooms are really the star of these burgers. I used Holland House Red Cooking Wine, which is so handy to have on in my pantry. The red cooking wine gets absorbed into the mushrooms and along with garlic and fresh thyme they are packed with flavor. In fact, they are so good, I made them twice in one week!
These Red Wine Braised Mushrooms are amazing on these burgers but would also be great over a grilled steak or even chicken. You could totally serve them as a side dish or stir them into your favorite green beans. They will take just about any dish to the next level of deliciousness.
I grilled up some of our home grown beef and melted a slice of Swiss cheese over each ½ pound patty. Yes, I said ½ pound burgers, these burgers are something special. While the burgers were grilling, I braised the mushrooms and had all of the fixings ready to go when the burgers came off of the grill.
I served these burgers up with my favorite Coleslaw and of course a big glass of sweet tea. I really consider this to be the best burger recipe that I've ever made.
You can find Holland House Cooking Wine at your local grocery store and it is super handy to have on hand because it is shelf stable. I don't often have a bottle of wine to cook with and the flavor you get from the Holland House Cooking Wine is perfect for these braised mushrooms and sauces.
MORE BURGERS TO TRY:
For the Red Wine Braised Mushrooms
- 8 oz mushrooms (I used white button mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Holland House Red Cooking Wine
For the Burgers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large burger buns
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- mayo, lettuce, red onion, or other favorite burger toppings
- Start your grill.
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, thyme and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat. Add Holland House Red Cooking Wine and stir well. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Lower to simmer and cook until liquid is absorbed. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Shape ground beef into 4 burgers and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through. Add a slice of Swiss cheese to each burger and move away from direct heat.
- Add buns to grill and lightly toast, this will only take a few minutes.
- Assemble burgers with your favorite toppings and a nice layer of the Red Wine Braised Mushrooms.
Disclosure: I have a working relationship with Holland House for recipe development but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I appreciate you supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.