Egg Drop Soup is so quick and easy to prepare at home and this recipe totally rivals your favorite take out!
One of the joys of moving to Oklahoma has been the occasional trip into town for Chinese takeout. A little cup of Egg Drop Soup is always a must for Emmet, it is his favorite.
Ingredients for Egg Drop Soup:
- Chicken Broth
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Corn Starch
- Green Onions
Take out is great, but I have to tell you Egg Drop Soup is so easy to make at home! It has been a while since I have made it. I couldn't find the recipe that I thought was stuck in my giant binder of miscellaneous recipes that I have stashed away over time.
So I looked at about fifty- dozen different recipes across the internets and added in some toasted sesame oil. It was ready in about 5 minutes. Now you can't beat that.
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Add chicken broth to a saucepan, reserving ¼ cup and place over medium-high heat. Add soy sauce, ginger and toasted sesame oil.
- Whisk reserved chicken broth with cornstarch. Whisk into chicken broth mixture. Continue to whisk and when mixture has thickened, slowly pour in beaten eggs, stirring in one direction with a large spoon. (This creates the ribbons of egg in the soup.)
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately.