Easy Ham Salad is a southern favorite to make with leftover ham with pickle relish and a simple dressing. Serve with crackers or it makes the best sandwiches. Perfect for leftover holiday ham.
Easy Ham Salad ~ Leftover Ham Recipe
Ham salad is one of the easiest recipes to make with leftover ham. It’s a real family pleaser and will even be a favorite with the picky eaters.
- Smoked Ham ~ Leftover holiday ham works great for this, you can also use a small cooked boneless ham.
- Mayonnaise ~ Miracle Whip will work too if you prefer, just skip the honey.
- Dijon Mustard ~ Spicy Brown Mustard or plain yellow mustard work too.
- Honey ~ Adds just a hint of sweetness to the dressing.
- Black Pepper ~ For seasoning.
- Granulated Garlic ~ Garlic makes everything better.
- Sweet Pickle Relish ~ If you don’t have pickle relish, chopped sweet pickles work too.
How to Make Easy Ham Salad:
- Finely chop the ham.
- Mix the dressing in a bowl.
- Add in the ham and pickle relish.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Best served with crackers or make the best ham salad sandwiches with your favorite toppings, like lettuce and tomato.
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Yield: 6 servings
- Add- Ins: Onion, celery and jalapeños are great additions.
- Food Processor Method: Mix the dressing and add to a food processor with ham, pickle relish and any other vegetables you want to add. Pulse until ham is chopped fine and ingredients are all combined.
- Storage: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days.
More Leftover Ham Recipes:
- Baked Ham Penne Pasta
- One Pot Cheesy Ham Pasta
- Ham and Cheese Party Puffs
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Rolls
- More of the Best Leftover Ham Recipes
Easy Ham Salad is great to have on hand for quick sandwiches or serve it up with crackers for an appetizer that everyone will love.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
- 3 cups finely chopped ham
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- Mix the dressing in a large bowl by whisking together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and pepper.
- Add the chopped ham and pickle relish and stir until well combined.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1183mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.