Cajun Shrimp Pasta is a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. Creamy pasta shells seasoned with Creole seasoning and topped with grilled shrimp.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta ~ with Grilled Shrimp
We love Cajun flavors and this easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta is a great option for busy weeknights. The creamy pasta is the perfect combination with the spicy creole seasoning and smoky shrimp.
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
- Jumbo Shrimp ~ peeled and deveined.
- Small Pasta Shells ~ or your favorite pasta.
- Diced Onions ~ yellow onions or green onions.
- Diced Celery
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Cream ~ or half and half.
- Chicken Broth
- Creole Seasoning ~ A combination of garlic, onion, thyme, oregano, basil, thyme, chives, pepper, chile powder and paprika.
- Kosher Salt ~ Skip the additional salt if you are using a store bought seasoning that includes salt.
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
- Grill the shrimp with the grill closed for about 5- 6 minutes.
- Cook until shrimp reaches 145° using a digital meat thermometer or until shrimp is curled, bright pink and no longer translucent.
- Alternately, cook the shrimp in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Turn shrimp after about 2 minutes, continue to cook until shrimp is curled and pink.
- Remove from grill and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce, sauté the onions, celery and garlic in butter over medium heat, stirring often until softened.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, chicken broth and the creole seasoning. Whisk together until sauce starts to bubble.
- Stir in the cooked and drained pasta, stirring to combine.
- Top with shrimp and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover shrimp pasta in an airtight container or bowl covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Reheat in a pan with 1- 2 tablespoons milk or cream or chicken broth over medium heat. Stir often until heated through.
More Shrimp Recipes You Will Love:
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
- Easy Barbecue Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Honey Mustard Shrimp
Add this quick and easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta to your dinner plans this week. It comes together in about 30 minutes for a flavorful and delicious meal that everyone will enjoy.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- Cook shrimp over a 325° grill fire with pecan chunks for smoke flavor. Cook with the grill closed about 5-8 minutes until shrimp reaches 145° using a digital meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add butter, onions, celery and garlic to a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth and Creole seasoning. Whisk together, cooking about 5 minutes.
- When sauce starts to bubble, stir in the pasta. Mix until combined.
- Top with chopped shrimp and serve immediately.
Stovetop Method for Shrimp:
Shrimp can be cooked in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Turn shrimp after about 3 minutes, cooking until curled and pink.
Store & Reheat:
Store leftover shrimp pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Reheat in a skillet with 1 - 2 tablespoons of milk or broth over medium heat. Stir until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 674Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 338mgSodium: 4064mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.