Creole Seasoning is a great homemade spice blend to have on hand to add bold flavors to your meals. It's a simple, no-salt blend made with pantry staples.
We love making homemade dry rub, taco seasoning and blackened seasoning for everything from grilling to pasta dinners. It is a great way to season your meals adding just the perfect amount of heat to suit your family.
Creole Seasoning ~ Homemade Spice Mix
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Chile Powder ~ Green or Red
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Dried Thyme
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Dried Chives or Parsley
- Cayenne Pepper
How to Make Creole Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk until well combined. Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place up to 6 months.
What is the Difference in Creole and Cajun Seasoning:
Creole seasoning generally includes herbs along with the spicy pepper blend of Cajun seasoning. Store bought seasonings often include large amounts of salt, making your own blend is the best if you are trying to watch your salt intake or don't prefer overly salty foods.
Recipes Using Creole Seasoning:
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta is a family favorite that comes together in about 30 minutes. Grilled shrimp with a creamy Cajun pasta is sure to please everyone at the table.
- Creamy Cajun Sausage Pasta is another quick and easy pasta dish that the whole family will love. Creamy pasta filled with delicious smoked sausage, peppers and onions.
- Jambalaya is classic Cajun fare that you can make so easily at home. A hearty rice dish with chicken, sausage, shrimp and crawfish.
- Gumbo is one of our all time favorite comfort foods. Our version might differ from your grandma's classic gumbo, but it is flavorful and delicious!
Make a batch of homemade Creole Seasoning to keep in your pantry to make a flavorful dinner in no time at all. It's great to add bold flavors to just about any meal.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons green chile powder (or red)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried chives or parsley
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper - or more to taste
- Add smoked paprika, garlic, onion, chile powder, black pepper, basil, oregano, thyme, chives and cayenne to a bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in a pantry cabinet up to 6 months.
Seasoning chicken, pork, beef, fish or seafood.
Stir into pastas, rice, casseroles or soups.
Great for seasoning vegetables, especially on the grill.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 9Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.