A delicious and refreshing Blackberry Lemonade recipe to enjoy all summer long. Make a double batch for parties and backyard barbecues!
Last week I went to pick my husband up from the hay field and we drove out to the next field where he showed me the mother lode of blackberry patches. They grow wild along the fence and they had grown about 8 foot tall.
The blackberries were really big, much bigger than I had picked before. So last weekend I doused myself with bug spray and braved the blackberry thicket.
I picked blackberries for about 2 hours and sweated more than I’m used to. My hands and arms were scratched all to heck but I had over a gallon of sweet, delicious wild blackberries. Totally worthwhile in my book.
I hope you like blackberries because I have quite a few blackberry recipes headed your way! First up is a super easy and delicious Blackberry Lemonade. I am definitely making a double batch for July 4th, it is party perfect.
Homemade Lemonade is beyond amazing but lemons are not always the easiest to come by in my little town. I had some frozen lemonade concentrate in the freezer so I used it to make this super easy.
I made a simple syrup with the blackberries, similar to the Blackberry Mint Julep that I made a few years ago for the Kentucky Derby.
The syrup is made by cooking water, sugar and blackberries together. I strained the blackberries and cooled it all down. I added the blackberry syrup to the lemonade concentrate and added a little water. Super easy!
It is sweet and so delicious. I can think of about 92 ways to enjoy the blackberry syrup! I also saved the blackberries in a jar and I’ve been enjoying them in my yogurt, they would also be incredible over vanilla ice cream.
Summer is flying by. Did I tell you that school starts back August 4th? I just can’t get over it. I want summer break to last until September!!
We did get our pontoon boat in the water last weekend so I’m looking forward to some lake time. I realized it had been too long since I had bought a new swimsuit. Ugh, is there anything worse than shopping for a swimsuit? I ordered two from Amazon and I am crossing my fingers that at least one of them will work but I’m pretty skeptical.
So here’s to summer and I hope you will give this blackberry lemonade a try! It’s perfect for front porch sipping!
- 2 cups blackberries
- 8 cups water, divided use
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
- fresh lemon slices and blackberries for garnish
- Add blackberries, sugar and 2 cups of water to a pan and place over medium- high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Allow mixture to come to room temperature and refrigerate until completely cool. Or place in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes or until cool.
- Strain blackberries, adding syrup to a pitcher. Reserve blackberries for another use. Add lemonade concentrate and 6 cups of water to blackberry syrup and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and blackberries.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!