Steak, Mushroom & Swiss Grilled Cheese is the perfect way to enjoy leftover steaks from last night’s barbecue!
So April is grilled cheese month and it has nearly slipped away without me sharing a grilled cheese sandwich with you! We grilled steaks for my husbands birthday and had a few leftover. I thinly sliced one of the grilled steaks and tossed it in some sautéed mushrooms, topped it with lots of cheese and it was one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever!
Grilled cheese is one of the few things I would eat growing up and now they are one of my favorites to customize. It’s so easy to make a grilled cheese to suit everyone. If you are a mushroom and Swiss fan, you will definitely love this sandwich! The Swiss is super melty and the Boursin Cheese Spread kicks it up with garlic and herb flavors.
This was a perfect quick lunch would also be a fabulous dinner with a salad along side. I’m so ready for summer fresh salads, aren’t you? And watermelon and strawberries….. I’m ready for summer can you tell?
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 4 button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 6 oz grilled steak, sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons Boursin Cheese Spread
- ⅓ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a small skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes, season with salt and add the steak. Cook about 1 minute, stirring often. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with remaining butter. Spread the inside of one slice with Boursin Cheese Spread. Layer steak and mushrooms over cheese spread, top with shredded Swiss and top with the other slice of bread. Place on a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook on both sides until well browned and cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.