Brisket Grilled Cheese is an epic sandwich to make for lunch or dinner that is satisfying and delicious. A great way to enjoy leftover brisket from your weekend cookout.
A grilled cheese sandwich is one of our go-to meals for something really easy. When you add bbq brisket to a grilled cheese sandwich it’s a hearty sandwich to feed a hungry crowd. We also love a BLT Grilled Cheese and Homemade Coleslaw makes an easy side dish for sandwiches.
How to Make Brisket Grilled Cheese
- Chop brisket into bite sized pieces and place in a skillet with bbq sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through and brisket is completely covered in sauce.
- Place a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place butter side down.
- Top with a slice each of pepper-jack and colby-jack cheeses.
- Add warmed bbq brisket.
- Layer on another slice each of the cheeses.
- Add the top slice of butter bread, butter side up.
- Cook for 3- 4 minutes and carefully turn the sandwiches, toasting on both sides until cheese is completely melted.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
Smoked chuck roast or any leftover roast beef will work with this recipe in place of the smoked brisket.
Best Side Dishes for Brisket Grilled Cheese
Brisket is expensive but if you cook a large brisket over the weekend, you can get so many meals from that one cook and the easy dinner options are endless.
If you have a vacuum sealer that is the best option for keeping it tasting fresh. Vacuum sealed brisket will keep in the refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze up to 6 months. You can also wrap it tightly in several layers of plastic wrap plus a layer of aluminum foil. Refrigerate up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.
More Leftover Brisket Recipes to Try
- Brisket Taquitos
- Brisket Mac and Cheese
- Brisket Sliders
- Jalapeño Poppers with Brisket and Bacon
- Brisket Nachos
If you have leftover smoked brisket, give these Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwiches a try. They are crazy good with layers of smoky beef, sweet bbq sauce and melted cheese on buttery toasted bread. What’s not to love?
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- Chop the brisket and place in a skillet with bbq sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring until well combined and heated through.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 3 slices butter side down on a preheated griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Add a slice of pepper-jack and a slice of colby-jack cheese to each piece of bread.
- Top with a generous layer of bbq brisket.
- Add another slice of pepper-jack and colby-jack cheese over the brisket and top with the remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches 3-4 minutes or until bottom is toasted. Carefully flip the sandwiches to toast the other side until cheeses are completely melted.
- Remove from griddle. Slice in half and serve immediately.
If you have smaller sandwich bread, you can make up to 4 sandwiches. Use 1 1/2 slices of cheese for each sandwich.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1015Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 1284mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 69g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.