Smoked Pork Twice Baked Potatoes are a flavorful main dish to serve for dinner. Great for leftover pulled pork and a delicious meal to add to the weekly dinner rotation.
We love to meal prep for the week by grilling several things over the weekend. It is really as easy to cook 2- 3 things as it is enough for just one meal and it is such a time saver for busy weeknights. Last weekend we did a marinated pork loin and made it into sandwiches and used the last bit of it to make these amazing stuffed potatoes.
Ingredients for Smoked Pork Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Russet Potatoes
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Smoked Pork or Pulled Pork
- BBQ Sauce
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic
How to Make Smoked Pork Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry. Pierce with a fork and place on a baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop insides of potatoes into a mixing bowl, leaving a shell of the skins intact to stuff.
- Add butter, sour cream, heavy cream, shredded cheese, salt, pepper and garlic to the potatoes and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon into potato skin shells and place on a baking sheet.
- Top with pork and drizzle with bbq sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe Tips and Short Cuts:
Baked potatoes can be baked in advance, up to 1 day in advance. Leave potatoes whole, wrap in plastic wrap or foil and store in refrigerator. Potatoes can also be prepared to the point of adding the pork. Store in an airtight container until ready to bake. Drizzle with bbq sauce and top with cheese, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until heated through.
Store leftover potatoes wrapped in plastic wrap or foil in refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat in oven or toaster oven covered with foil at 325° for about 25 minutes.
These Smoked Pork Twice Baked Potatoes are so hearty and flavorful, making them a great recipe that can be mostly prepped ahead. A great time saver in the kitchen. They are also delicious enough to serve for company. I hope you will add these to your list to try this week!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash potatoes and dry well. Pierce with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Slice potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop center of potatoes into a mixing bowl, leaving a shell to stuff.
- Mix potatoes with butter, sour cream, heavy cream, ½ cup of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper and garlic until well combined and potatoes are smooth.
- Spoon filling back into potato skins and place on the baking sheet.
- Top each potato half with the pork and drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over pork and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until potatoes are heated through.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Potatoes can be baked up to a day in advance and refrigerated, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil.
To make twice baked potatoes ahead, prepare up to the point of adding the pork. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake the second time. Top with bbq sauce and cheese before baking for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat covered with foil in a 325° oven for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 643Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1380mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 6gSugar: 18gProtein: 22g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.