Short Rib Tacos are one of the most delicious ways to enjoy beef ribs! Pile your taco shells high with your favorite toppings along with smoked rib meat for a new spin on taco night!
Short Rib Tacos
Short ribs are incredibly delicious on their own but I have to say putting them into tacos is an amazing dinner idea. If you find yourself with leftovers or if you've made a double batch, these tacos are a great way to enjoy them.
How to Make Short Rib Tacos:
- Remove cooked rib meat from bones.
- Dice the rib meat and add it to a skillet with ¼ cup of water and place over low heat while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat taco shells in a 350° oven.
- Shred lettuce and cheddar cheese.
- Dice tomatoes and green onions.
- Fill taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and onions and fill with chopped short rib meat.
- Serve immediately.
What are Short Ribs?
Short ribs are beef ribs that come from the brisket area, chuck plate or ribs. The meat will vary in thickness and have a small portion of the rib bone. It is a tough cut and is best cooked low and slow.
My Favorite Short Rib Recipes:
Smoked Beef Ribs are marinated in a glorious coffee and brown sugar mixture and slow smoked on your grill. They turn out so flavorful, tender and delicious.
Dutch Oven Short Ribs is one of our favorite hearty and delicious meals. We made this outdoors on the grill but it would be just as simple on your stovetop.
Peach and Ginger Braised Short Ribs are slow cooked in coffee and then glazed with a decadent peach and ginger glaze.
We always have both crunchy and soft taco shells for taco night. My guys like to wrap the crunchy shell in a soft shell and then they don't fall apart. Pretty smart!
I just love it when we have time to grill several things over the weekend that we can enjoy all week long. We added these short ribs to the grill while we were cooking a rump roast for dinner.
It was so easy to pull them out of the fridge to make tacos and have dinner on the table in about 15 minutes. We also love using leftover short ribs for these Short Rib Burritos. They are packed with flavor and get really crunchy on the grill!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 pound beef ribs, cooked
- 8 taco shells
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- sour cream, salsa, guacamole if desired
- Remove rib meat from bones and dice.
- Place in a skillet with ¼ cup water. Place over low heat to simmer.
- Bake taco shells according to package directions.
- Top taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, green onions and rib meat.
- Add sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 31g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.