Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies are perfectly soft, chewy and delicious! A super easy, one bowl recipe that is perfectly spiced with just a touch of cinnamon, loaded with chewy caramel bits and finished with flake sea salt.
I can't seem to get enough salted caramel desserts, how about you? These Salted Caramel Cookie Bars are one of my favorites and recently these Caramel White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bars have earned a permanent spot on my favorite desserts rotation.
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies:
- Brown sugar
- All purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Old fashioned oats
- Caramel bits
- Sea Salt Flakes
What are Caramel Bits?
If you haven't tried caramel bits before, they are usually found on the baking isle, near the chocolate chips. They are just like the wrapped caramels used for making caramel apples, just easier to bake with. They stay chewy and delicious in these cookies when baked. If you can't find them, the caramel squares will also work, just chop into small pieces.
How to Make Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies:
- Add softened butter to a mixing bowl with brown sugar and sugar and mix until combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Next, add flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda and combine.
- Mix in caramel bits until thoroughly combined.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined (or use a Silpat) baking sheet. I recommend using the lined baking sheets over greased because the caramel bits tend to want to stick to the pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or just until cookies are set and edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and cool on the cookie sheet about 3- 5 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days, but seriously there is no way they will still be in the cookie jar past day 2!
These are hands down the best oatmeal cookies I've ever made. They make a pretty large batch, which is a good thing because they are impossible to resist. If you love all things caramel, add this recipe to your baking list and print them out to add to your holiday baking plans.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter with brown sugar and sugar with a mixer at medium speed.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Next, add flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and kosher salt, mixing until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in caramel bits.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets (parchment of Silpat).
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies just start to brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt flakes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for about 3- 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Wrapped caramels can be substituted for caramel bits. Unwrap and cut into small pieces before mixing into dough.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 392mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.