Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Snack Cake is a quick and easy dessert made in one bowl with no mixer required! A simple and delicious fall inspired dessert that everyone will love!
We also love this old fashioned Oatmeal Cake for a delicious weeknight treat.
Why Should You Make a Pumpkin Snack Cake?
- A quick dessert that is ready in about 30 minutes.
- Uses pantry ingredients and doesn't require a mixer.
- A delicious cake for any time of year with warm spices and a crunchy cinnamon sugar crust.
- Perfect for any day of the week, last minute entertaining or so delicious with your morning coffee.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Snack Cake
- Can Pumpkin Puree - not pumpkin pie filling.
- Softened Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Large Egg
- Buttermilk - real buttermilk works best in this recipe, buttermilk substitutes do not turn out as well.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Sea Salt
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
Step By Step Directions for Snack Cake
- Add pumpkin puree to a large bowl with brown sugar, softened butter and egg. Mix with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Stir in buttermilk until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt, mixing until combined.
- Line a 9 x 9 with parchment paper or grease with butter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Mix granulated sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Storage: Store cooled snack cake covered with plastic wrap at room temperature up to 1 day or refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Serving Suggestions: Add a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a more decadent dessert.
If you need a quick dessert, this one- bowl pumpkin snack cake is super easy and delicious!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 cup can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, egg and buttermilk and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour into a parchment lined or greased 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store cooled cake covered with plastic wrap at room temperature up to 1 day or refrigerate up to 3 days.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.