Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Snack Cake is a quick and easy dessert made in one bowl and no mixer required! A simple and delicious fall inspired dessert that everyone will love!
I forget how much I love pumpkin desserts until the holidays roll around and I wonder why I don't bake them more often. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin roll, I love it all.
I needed a quick dessert after dinner and being the very last week of October, I was ready for something pumpkin. I didn't even use my mixer, just a bowl and a wooden spoon, it was super easy. Straight out of the oven, it was totally amazing. We ate all but one little slice, which was perfect with my morning coffee!
I knew this Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Snack Cake would be perfect for this month's Progressive Eats. So I got up early and made another snack cake. Luckily it lasted long enough to snap a few photos, but it is disappearing fast.
This cake turned out really moist (I know everyone hates that word, but I don't know how else to say it!) and dense and just plain delicious. The sugar and cinnamon topping gives it just a bit of crunch and you can't go wrong with a little extra cinnamon.
I'm sure it would be extra amazing with a dollop of whipped cream but what isn't? I know you are going to love how simple and delicious this cake is!
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add pumpkin, butter, sugar, egg and buttermilk and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.