Pepperoni Pizza Hasselback Potatoes are a flavorful and delicious addition to your dinner plans. Crispy potatoes filled with pepperoni, melted cheese and topped with pizza sauce. Make this easy dish on the grill or in the oven.
Pepperoni Pizza Hasselback Potatoes ~ Delicious Stuffed Potatoes
The original Hasselback potatoes recipe was invented in a restaurant in Sweden in the 1950's. They are cut like a fan and baked until crispy. They're one of the best potato side dishes ever. When stuffed with pizza toppings you get a new favorite to add to the dinner rotation.
- Russet Potatoes ~ Yukon gold and red potatoes will also work in this recipe.
- Olive Oil ~ Coat the potatoes well with olive oil for crispy outsides.
- Kosher Salt & Pepper ~ The salt and pepper roast into the potato skin adding great flavor.
- Sliced Pepperoni ~ Salami or Italian sausage would also be delicious.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese ~ Any melty cheese will work for this. Provolone is another favorite.
- Pizza Sauce ~ Make your own or use your favorite brand.
- Parmesan Cheese ~ Just a bit of finely grated Parmesan is perfect to top these potatoes.
- Fresh Parsley ~ or fresh basil would be a delicious herb garnish for this dish.
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Hasselback Potatoes:
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350°.
- Scrub potatoes and dry well.
- Cut potatoes thin like an accordion but not slicing all the way through so that the potato will stay together.
- Use chopsticks on either side of the potato to keep from slicing all the way through.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil, get the olive oil down in between the slices and all over the outside. You want a nice thick coat of olive oil.
- Season well with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on a grill pan and cook for about 45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Test with a sharp knife or a fork.
- Remove grill pan to a sheet pan.
- Stuff pepperoni between the slices of potato. We did pepperoni between every 2- 3 slices.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the grill and cook with the lid closed about 10- 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove potatoes from the grill and top with pizza sauce.
- Add finely grated parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Conventional Oven Method:
- Cook potatoes on a sheet pan at 400° for about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and add pizza toppings.
- Return to oven and cook 10- 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with pizza sauce, parmesan and parsley.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover potatoes in an airtight container or covered dish for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in a 350° oven for about 10- 15 minutes or in an air fryer at 350° for about 4- 5 minutes.
More Pizza Inspired Dinners:
Air Fryer Mini Pizzas are a huge hit with everyone that tries them and can also be made in the oven. Made with can biscuit dough and your favorite pizza toppings.
Pizza Pasta Skillet is a quick and easy past dinner that can be ready in about 30 minutes. Loaded with sausage and pepperoni for a family favorite.
Breakfast Pizza is a hearty meal with a biscuit crust, topped with fluffy eggs and supreme pizza toppings. A delicious twist on a breakfast casserole with all of your favorite pizza flavors.
Add something new and different to the dinner menu this week with these Pepperoni Hasselback Potatoes. They are a hearty and filling meal that is sure to be a big hit with the whole family.
- 6 medium- large potatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup fine grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Prepare grill fire to 350°.
- Scrub potatoes and dry well.
- Place each potato between two chop sticks and slice into thin slices but not cutting all the way through.
- Place sliced potatoes on a baking sheet and brush with oil, getting down between the slices and all over the potato in a thick coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a grill pan and cook with the lid closed about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove grill pan to a baking sheet and slide slices of pepperoni between potato slices. We added pepperoni between every 2-3 slices.
- Top with cheese.
- Return to the grill and continue to cook with the lid closed about 10 -15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Heat pizza sauce.
- Remove from heat and top with pizza sauce, grated parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- Bake potatoes on a baking sheet at 400° for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Add pepperoni and mozzarella and return to the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, Parmesan and parsley.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in 350° oven for 10-15 minutes or air fryer at 350° for 3-4 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1840mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.