Milk Bread Honey Buns are the softest and most delicious dinner rolls that you’ve ever made! A light and fluffy homemade roll that your family is sure to love and is an impressive addition to special occasion meal.
I’ve had milk bread on my list to bake for quite some time and I’m thrilled to be sharing this recipe with you today in partnership with Red Star Yeast. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Now, more than ever, is the time to make memories in the kitchen with those you love. Red Star Yeast is featuring recipes to make Platinum Moments this year.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
First up is this incredibly delicious Milk Bread Honey Buns recipe from Gesine Prado. It’s the perfect addition to any meal and delicious enough for holiday dinners and celebrations.
To make this even more fun, Gesine is hosting a live event on Red Star Yeast’s Facebook on April 1, 2020 at 8 pm EST. She will answering questions on baking with yeast and showing us how to make an incredible Babka recipe with the milk bread!
Try out the recipe and join us with your questions and ideas! Plus, you will want to join in for a chance to win one of five amazing Platinum Moments boxes featuring Red Star Yeast swag and everything you need to make this amazing recipe!
I have been a long time fan of using Platinum ® Yeast from Red Star ®. It never lets me down and baking success has never been this easy. You can count on it and enjoy your made-from-scratch moments.
Since we live and work on the ranch, our family is together pretty much all of the time. We enjoy this lifestyle and being able to share every part of our day with our kids, cooking included!
I was able to talk Emmet, our fifteen year old, into helping out with the milk bread, it was his first time shaping rolls and he did great.
How to Make Milk Bread Honey Buns:
For the Tangzhong:
Milk bread starts with a Tangzhong, which is a warm flour, milk and water paste. It is a Japanese method and it makes the bread so incredibly tender, soft and fluffy.
- Combine flour with water and milk and whisk together in a saucepan and whisk together. Heat over medium heat, whisking until thickened.
- Pour into a mixer bowl and allow to come to room temperature.
For the Dough:
- Combine flour and yeast together in a bowl.
- Add milk, milk honey egg and salt to the Tangzhong, stirring to break up the egg.
- Add flour and yeast mixture and mix on medium-low speed using the dough hook until dough comes together. Add butter a little at a time until incorporated. Dough will be shaggy and sticking to the sides of the bowl.
*Note: I added the butter with the egg and milk -rolls still turned out fine.
- Raise speed to medium and continue mixing until dough is smooth, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and set aside to rise until doubled.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. This will firm up the dough enough to shape.
- Cut dough into 15-16 equal pieces.
- Shape dough into rolls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Loosely cover and let rise to double in size.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 190°.
Baking with yeast doesn’t have to be intimidating. I’ve learned so much from the Red Star Yeast Baking Lessons. After a few tries, you will become more comfortable with the dough and how it should feel. So don’t hesitate, get in the kitchen and try these Milk Bread Honey Buns!
Head over to Red Star Yeast Platinum Moments to watch the video of Gesine Prado making the milk bread and the fun Easter Honey Bunnies plus a recipe for Babka.
There’s nothing better than gathering in the kitchen with your family to prepare a meal. Baking with your kids creates memories that last a lifetime. Platinum Yeast from Red Star ensures that your baking efforts are successful.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Get the Full Printable Recipe and Instructions: Milk Bread Honey Buns