Happy Fourth of July! I would just like to say I appreciate all of the freedoms we enjoy due to the sacrifices of many others before us and those who serve our country today. Here I have the perfect summer time treat, lime ice cream bars. Like most kids, mine are crazy for Popsicles and so I ordered some Popsicle molds and have been making frozen treats every day. These are my favorite so far. I had never had lime ice cream but I saw My Baking Addiction was serving up Key Lime Pie Ice Cream and I knew it would be good. I based my version on my lime pie, changing out eggs for heavy whipping cream. It has been hot and this was the ideal way to cool off, they were so refreshing. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday filled with friends, family and good food.
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice & zest into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add cream and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into Popsicle molds, Dixie cups or into an ice cream freezer. If using Popsicle molds, add bottoms; if using Dixie cups use a Popsicle stick or a wooden skewer. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- For the ice cream maker follow manufacturer directions, cover and freeze until ready to serve.