Easy Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are crispy and delicious on the outside with gooey melted cheese on the inside. A quick recipe that is ready to eat in about 15 minutes, start to finish!
Air Fryer Mini Pizzas are one of our favorite snacks and the kids love it when we have appetizers for dinner. Mini pizzas and cheese sticks make a fun menu for any night of the week.
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks ~ Easy Appetizer Recipe
If you are a fan of the crispy mozzarella sticks from Sonic, you are going to love this easy homemade version. This quick and easy method doesn't require any freezing/chilling time and the bread slices will keep the cheese from blowing out of the breading.
- Mozzarella Cheese Block ~ or String Cheese
- Sliced White Bread
- Egg Wash ~ egg + water
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce or Ranch Dressing for Dipping
How to Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks:
- Cut the crust off of the bread and save to make breadcrumbs or discard.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the bread into thin slices.
- Cut mozzarella block into sticks.
- Beat egg and water in a bowl.
- Add panko to a shallow dish.
- Roll cheese sticks in the bread slices.
- Brush the edge of the bread to seal and the outside of the breading.
- Roll in the panko and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray all sides of cheese sticks with olive oil.
- Place in air fryer basket with space in between.
- Cook in air fryer for 6 minutes at 400°.
- Serve immediately with marinara or ranch.
Recipe Tips & Variations:
- Yield: 6 Mozzarella Sticks
- Variation: Add 1 tablespoon Italian Seasonings to the panko bread crumbs.
- Conventional Oven: Bake on a lined baking sheet at 425° for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 5- 8 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Storage: Mozzarella sticks are best served immediately but can be stored in a zip top bag in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in air fryer at 375° for 4- 6 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Favorite Air Fryer and Accessories:
- Cosori Air Fryer ~ This is the one I use for this recipe. I love how quiet it is and how simple it is to clean.
- Accessories Kit ~ Handy accessories to make everything from cakes to eggs in the air fryer.
- Oil Sprayer ~ We use this for all of our air fryer recipes and grilling recipes too.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Churro Apple Pie Bombs ~ The absolute best dessert and so easy to make with apple pie filling and canned biscuits.
- Air Fryer Soft Pretzels ~ A quick pizza dough recipe that makes the most amazing soft pretzels, just like the ones at the mall food court!
- Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs ~ One of our favorite quick and easy meals made in the air fryer. The kids can't get enough of these.
This cheese stick recipe is the easiest method I have found for making homemade mozzarella sticks. The combination of the bread and panko bread crumbs makes the cheese sticks crunchy on the outside and holds the melted cheese in the center.
Give these easy air fryer mozzarella sticks a try for your next appetizer menu or as a quick snack while you are binging your favorite shows.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
- 6 ounces block Mozzarella cheese or string cheese
- 6 slices of white bread
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- marinara sauce or ranch dressing for dipping
- Remove the crust from the bread. Save for breadcrumbs or discard.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the bread into thin slices.
- Slice mozzarella into sticks, about ½ inch x 4 inches long - about the size of your bread slices.
- Beat egg with water in a small bowl.
- Pour panko into a shallow pie plate.
- Wrap each mozzarella stick in a bread slice.
- Brush the edge of the bread with egg wash and press to seal. Brush all over the outside of the bread.
- Dredge through the Panko, pressing to coat on all sides.
- Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray cheese sticks with olive oil on all sides.
- Place in air fryer, with space in between.
- Cook at 400° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve with marinara or ranch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.