Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is a quick and easy weeknight dinner with tons of delicious flavor. A family favorite that can be on the table in 30 minutes.
Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta ~ 30 Minute Meal
As much as I love roasted tomato sauce, I tend to lean towards creamy pasta dishes and this one is hearty and full of bold Italian flavors.
- Sweet Italian Sausage ~ We've been making our own homemade Italian sausage but you can use your favorite brand. If you have sausage in the casings, just remove the casings before cooking.
- Pasta ~ I like gemelli pasta for skillet meals and casseroles. Macaroni, spirals or bow-ties would work well here too.
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Garlic
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- Beef Broth ~ or chicken broth works too.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Garlic & Herb Rub ~ this is my new favorite homemade, all- purpose seasoning blend. You can also use Italian seasonings here.
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta:
- Brown Italian Sausage in a skillet, breaking up into crumbles until well browned.
- Add olive oil, onions, bell peppers and garlic to the skillet with the sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until vegetables are softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions and drain in a colander. Set aside.
- In the pasta pan, add heavy whipping cream, beef broth, cornstarch, mustard and garlic and herb rub. Cook over medium- high heat, whisking until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add sausage mixture and pasta to sauce and stir to combine. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in grated Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store cooled pasta in an airtight container or plastic wrap covered dish in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of broth or milk over medium heat. Stir often, cooking until heated through.
More Delicious Pasta Dinners to Try:
Bacon White Cheddar Pasta is another quick and easy pasta dinner. Made with sharp white cheddar, tons of bacon and fresh rosemary, it's next level mac and cheese at it's best.
Baked Ham Penne Pasta is my go-to dinner anytime I have leftover ham. It's super simple to make and has a rich garlic sauce that will have you coming back for more.
Brisket Spaghetti is an out of the box recipe that we seriously love. Every time we have smoked brisket leftover we are making this spaghetti for dinner. A tried and true favorite.
This easy pasta skillet was a huge hit with the family. I love how quickly it comes together and the bold flavors blend well with the creamy sauce. A great Italian inspired pasta dinner to change up the weekly menu rotation.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces pasta (gemelli or spirals)
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons garlic and herb rub (or Italian Seasonings)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up into crumbles until well browned.
- If you have excess grease from the sausage, it can be drained or used in place of the olive oil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside while sausage is cooking.
- Add olive oil to the sausage and stir in onions, bell peppers and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until vegetables are softened.
- In the pasta pan, add beef broth, heavy cream, cornstarch, mustard and garlic and herb seasonings. Whisk to combine and cook over medium heat until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in drained pasta and sausage mixture.
- Mix well and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in grated Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Leftover pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat pasta with a few tablespoons of broth or milk in a skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 889Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 1274mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 31g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.